HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What price should I be paying for this in the uk? eBay prices vary a lot.

Are there more than one head sculpt?

After rewatching raiders I think I need this toy.

I'm very happy to have waited for this version of Indy. I almost bought ss Indy a year ago but couldn't do it. Now I can't walk by this guy with out stopping for a quick second to take him in. HT is always top shelf when it comes to quality! Fantastic!!

I'm very happy to have waited for this version of Indy. I almost bought ss Indy a year ago but couldn't do it. Now I can't walk by this guy with out stopping for a quick second to take him in. HT is always top shelf when it comes to quality! Fantastic!!

I agree! I don't care what anybody says about the hs...that's Indiana Jones on my shelf!

yeah, yeah, yeah, it could have been stellar though. Don't get me wrong i have had loads of fun (continuing to do so) with this release. customizing and what not. It's still a sub standard Harrison Ford though.

Considering what the standard is for HF 1/6 sculpts, I'd say this one meets or exceeds it.

I would for the most part agree, however what Hot Toy release hasn't?:dunno
Traditionally they produce the highest level of a characters release, look at Supes or Sparrow. This does not fall into
the same category. It's probably the best out there, save some cool customs, but it should be the last word in 1/6th Indiana Jones. It's not.

I see no point comparing one face to another. There have been several good Johnny Depps over the years I've seen some great Chris Reeve customs. I'd compare the HT versions to those sculpts.

This is obviously a much higher level of difficulty, a much more elusive likeness, so I never expected the uncanny results they get on other characters. I prefer this sculpt to any other HF I've seen so in that sense it is the "highest level" release of the character and right up there with their usual A game.

..yeah sure, but it still doesn't look like Ford.

this thread is full of people who are happy with the set "looking" for Ford in the sculpt?

I know I have been trying, by re-painting, modding. But it's just not really there on a level with current HT releases.
Out of the box this should have been a jaw dropper.

:dunno

This is the current bar:
DSC04336.jpg

And I can get Ford here, barely (after a ____ load of modding):

DSC04621.jpg
DSC04541.jpg

Last edited:
I have no trouble seeing HF every time I look at it. I don't feel compelled to argue that with someone who doesn't, but to each their own. :peace

HT can hit sculpts out of the park, and generally does it more than three quarters of time. This one is a solid, and (with the right lighting, head position and with a decent amount of modding) can look really pretty damn good.

But to say out of the box this is as good as HT can do - that eerie sense of staring at a "living" uncanny depiction of the onscreen character - is simply not true.

If it was, you would not be seeing a sizable number of people attempting washes, eye fixes etc. to get a better resemblance to HF. Or the extreme - even for these boards - level of debate this hs has triggered, exacerbated by a very high price point which must be validated (compare this set to the DX Luke - 2 figs, 3 heads for only $50 more.)

All things considered, this sculpt to me comes in at roughly the same 8/10 overall the SSC Indy got. It comes down to individual preference and modding/lighting beyond that.

To be clear, 8/10 is NOT in the same ball park as the usual 9.5 (or the rarer 10/10) A game that HT achieves over and over.

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

just got this guy. I think he's a good looking figure. My only real issues are the muscle body cause i wanted to pose him rubbing his face in awe while looking at the idol but his arms cant bend enough to get close to have the hand touch his face. And the collar on the jacket, but i looked at the screen shots and theres times where his collar points stick up or out so no biggie. Overall i give him an 8.5 out of 10. And i know he'll grow on me over time.

Back