HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great image, really shows how far off every company has been :lol

I do think Sovereign's jacket is the closest at getting that heavily worn look.

Always one of the best pics for ref on futzing the outfit for Raiders...

2AF00BCD71.jpg

Shows what the holster should look like, and the tight wrap of the whip. If I go with a static pose, this would be it.

It also show how low his bag should hang. I unglued the back strap on the Hot Toys bag and raised it up and reglued it.

This is just a toy right...I love this figure and think it's the best Indiana Jones toy to date. Thank you Hot Toys.

2AF00BCD71.jpg

Shows what the holster should look like, and the tight wrap of the whip. If I go with a static pose, this would be it.

The head looks too large for the body. Come on hot toys. HA HA

Ford was much slimmer in Raiders without the bulk he attained for TOD. The jacket drapes his sagging shoulders and the trousers are baggier.

That sounds like a great idea if you never want to pose your figure because the rubber skin is so fragile and the range of articulation so poor and the joints prone to breaking in a gentle breeze - given you get a blemish-free, problem free body in the first place without having to return it at least twice at your expense before getting one of those rare creatures. The EB GoD body is crap mate, live with the visible elbow joint and enjoy being able to pose it :)

I'll just live without the TOD Indy. Thanks for the advice!

I agree. Perhaps they are saving that for the ToD package...

I can see it now, much like Bank Robber Joker, TWO sculpts; one for ToD Indy and another as a replacement for the Raiders one.

I have been sayin the same damn thing for weeks! This is hts master plan....
- release the almost perfect set, with a 7/10 sculpt
- wait a few months release a TOD set, with the 10/10 sculpt
- indy collectors pick up one set cuz its raiders indy, some pick up the TOD version because of the sculpt to use on the the raiders set, some pick up both.
- in the end, ht wins. I find it hard to believe that with supes, capt jack ,and the future batman and joker being so dead on that an imperfect indy sculpt is just a conicidence.
This is a marketing campaign which ends in ht racking in the money.

I have been sayin the same damn thing for weeks! This is hts master plan....
- release the almost perfect set, with a 7/10 sculpt
- wait a few months release a TOD set, with the 10/10 sculpt
- indy collectors pick up one set cuz its raiders indy, some pick up the TOD version because of the sculpt to use on the the raiders set, some pick up both.
- in the end, ht wins. I find it hard to believe that with supes, capt jack ,and the future batman and joker being so dead on that an imperfect indy sculpt is just a conicidence.
This is a marketing campaign which ends in ht racking in the money.

Sounds like a stretch. But you know what? I have been thinking the same thing ever since this figure hit the shelves.
Compared to other sculpts they have put out, it's a laughable joke what they gave us.

2AF00BCD71.jpg

Also shows how a normal true type or narrow-shouldered body would've been a better choice.

This is just a toy right...I love this figure and think it's the best Indiana Jones toy to date. Thank you Hot Toys.

wrong. It's not really. A toy is something you get from Toys R us. Mattel makes them, they cost 12 bucks.

This is a high end collectible. What that means is that for something that costs a quarter of a grand, you should get something top notch. Is this better than Sideshow's? In all ways but the likeness yes. Is it better than an average Hot Toys figure, say Aldo Reign or Spider-man, which costs considerably less but has considerably less problems and inaccuracies? No it's not.

They dropped the ball plain and simple. I think people will like it by default, it's Indiana Jones, it's a fun figure which keeps you busy for a while. That doesn't mean it's a good figure in terms of the things that are most important, likeness, accuracy etc.

just because it's good by default doesn't mean it's good.

I don't want to skew the thread back to haters vs defenders, but I agree with Raymond. HT messed up where it really counts--the likeness. Any faults on most anything else on the figure might have been more forgivable.

So those that think it is a good high end collectible action figure of Indiana Jones are wrong?

I would like to think I have some knowlege and taste on what makes a nice 1/6 figure after spending a bit of monies and owning a couple hundred figures.

It's not perfect but it is far from inferior junk.

But I guess the point is this..

Is it good enough?

After being bowled over by Superman and now the inhand DX Sparrow, I would personally say no, it's not good enough.

It's not in the same league at all. It actually does feel more like a "toy".

Well good enough will always be subjective. The T2 T-800 was the pinnacle of HT when it shipped, and the Arnold likeness wasn't quite there IMHO, but the figure was praised by all. Then their T1 likeness stomped it to bits.

And they both fee like toys to me. All my HT figures do. No matter the cost and the inovations HT comes up with they will always be toys.

Well good enough will always be subjective. The T2 T-800 was the pinnacle of HT when it shipped, and the Arnold likeness wasn't quite there IMHO, but the figure was praised by all. Then their T1 likeness stomped it to bits.

And they both fee like toys to me. All my HT figures do. No matter the cost and the inovations HT comes up with they will always be toys.

I don't disagree with you mate, but that line of thought pretty much voids any real critique of a new release?

I know they are all toys, but they are probably the most sophisticated toys on the market. And within that market there are releases which are more successful than others. I really enjoy this set, but I don't think it is as good as it could be given the license and price level.

That's all.
:monkey3

It's a solid tweener that is better for people who, in one purchase, want a decent, quality Indy figure - but not so great for people who want absolute accuracy in sculpt and outfit (which is quite a few people in this thread.)

I'd agree with this... and being a solid "tweener" for HT also translates to being better than 95% of other companies 1/6 figures on the market.

I think it was all about expectations right from the get-go. It is Hot Toys after all - the gold standard.

Out of the box, it's the best 1/6 Indy ever, no debating that, and a decent value for money. Does it look like HF the way the new Sparrow looks like Depp? Of course not. Is it 100% costume accurate the way Depp's costume appears to be? Not quite, but it's A+ quality.

Anyone that calls this inferior junk is a wrong, but anyone that says this release is up there with the best HT is capable of delivering is also wrong.

It's a solid tweener that is better for people who, in one purchase, want a decent, quality Indy figure - but not so great for people who want absolute accuracy in sculpt and outfit (which is quite a few people in this thread.)

Well put. :goodpost:

Back