HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usually I don't like human sculpt by medicom, but this time I think indy headsculpt by med is more like ford than hot toys one...

2n9etc4.jpg

I'm gonna have to disagree on that one... I really don't see much Ford in that sculpt from Medicom and it has a very young adolescent look to it.

With HT, I can see that Ford is in there somewhere, but just a few aspects of the sculpt are off. Which on such a recognizable face really messes things up.

I have a feeling that pics just won't do this figure justice. Any photo taken of it will make it look like he has eyeliner. In person I bet it doesn't look like that. If I get it in hand and don't like it, it goes back. :)

I see Ford in the medi sculpt (It's not better by a long shot), but the nose is straight and the head is all squished so it's small enough to look in scale with the tiny body. No not for me thanks

I didn't take it as racist. I took it like he's Indiana Jones and he's immediately identified by his typical "adventure gear," and displaying him in anything else would be kind of :dunno:

That's fine, I'm wrong. Let's move on.

Ditto that, no point stirring up bad vibes if that wasn't the guys intent. And to be fair to Clipper, I just read the paraphrase on here, didn't have time to view the vid yet and see/hear things in context. Cheers Clipper! :)

Having said that, I really wish someone would actually dress up their Indy in the map room disguise and take some pics/make a video short! This outfit was one of the early selling points for me, back when all we had was the proto pics to go by and the head looked really, really off, not just sort-of off. The map room scene is quintessentially ROTLA for me, one of those instances that gave me chills as a kid - just love that moment when the music dramatically swells, the Well of Souls lights up and: "Jackpot!" - there's magic afoot. :yess: I love all that enough to bash together a second Indy just to show off this outfit and pose him in a map room display (though I'll likely be going with a SS head for that puppy, I have that extra hat-less portrait just laying around anyway).

I wouldn't pay more than $30 for the Medi version. That's sort of like the argument folks make that NECA figure X has a better likeness than the Hot Toys counterpart. Even if true, it is a moot point, because the differences otherwise are so profound.

Are you talking about the NECA comment? Just wade into any given NECA Predator thread and see for yourself. I was sort of agreeing with your post there.

I got asked in PM, what I like and what needs to be fixed. First off, for the price of this figure and all you get with it, if your an Indy fan, this is a real bargain.

I was the first one to call this figure a disaster, the one I saw it out of the box it looked terrible, and the jacket was too big. It did look terrible. Then I saw another when in my friends store, it looked better. I think that paint job is going to determine a lot with this figure.

Just yesterday, I had my pick of there different heads, the guy wouldn't let me take pics, but I swear that one "looked" thinner than the other two (again, the paint job maybe).

I don't like:

The "eye liner". Needs to be touched up badly.

The hat. It is not a Raiders hat and someone out there is going to make a killing making replacement hats.

Holster, Gunbelt & Whip. Mike Fisher and Joe Strain can help you there.

The boots need a repaint (get rid of the yellow stripe on the heel).

The jacket might need to be stretched a bit, but it IS Raiders accurate.

What I like, EVERYTHING ELSE. Price it out based on parts, what you get is pretty incredible.

I am 85% happy with this figure now. A great value for the money!

photo-91.jpg

See, the figure looks incredible in this picture, taping down the shirt to get the collar out of the way helped a ton! This is just the strangest figure - even when watching Clipperking's review, when he would move the camera around so you could see the figure from different angles, I was thinking "Oop, there's Ford! Nope, now gone again. Oh, there, he's back! Nope, now we're back to Beckham..." The sculpt is close enough, yet just enough off, to be able to do that. It just reinforces my feeling that I wanna get this fig in a killer pose, with lighting and angles just-so to accentuate his Ford-ness, and leave it da fook alone! :wink1: Based on the most objective feedback/pics/reviews so far, I'd say it hovers around a 7 or 8 out of 10, based on folks mentioning modding it with the gunbelt, holster, whip, boots, and the tricky portrait. That's a lot of modding for a $250 figure. Still, more positive than negative.

I wouldn't pay more than $30 for the Medi version. That's sort of like the argument folks make that NECA figure X has a better likeness than the Hot Toys counterpart. Even if true, it is a moot point, because the differences otherwise are so profound.

Hmmm, where it concerns the predator I don't think theres anything moot about the argument. However lets not get into it.

usually I don't like human sculpt by medicom, but this time I think indy headsculpt by med is more like ford than hot toys one...

2n9etc4.jpg

I couldn't disagree more. I think the Hot Toys figure blows the Medicom out of the water, in every respect. But that's cool. Different strokes and all that.

Thats not the paintjob everyone else's figure has, is it? That looks better. Though I still don't like the way the head/neck look together.

That repaint does look a lot better... wonder what the issue is that would prevent HT from getting at least a bit closer to that look :huh

Back