HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usually I don't like human sculpt by medicom, but this time I think indy headsculpt by med is more like ford than hot toys one...

2n9etc4.jpg
I see more Shia LaBeouf there than Ford...
020.png

I couldn't disagree more. I think the Hot Toys figure blows the Medicom out of the water, in every respect. But that's cool. Different strokes and all that.

Yeah, I see James Lipton and Eric Bana in that picture.

After some initial disappointment, I am now really looking forward to the Hot Toys figure (should have in hand from Sideshow on Friday), and unboxed my Sideshow figure last night as I am getting a headsculpt repaint and needed to get the head ready to ship.

I am fairly new to Hot Toys (only been buying them for less than a year) and after seeing the level of quality in HT, unboxing that SS Indy was a real eye-opener. I loved it when it was released, and there is still a lot of good things to say about it (head sculpt/accessories), but I was really shocked at how cheap the whole presentation feels.

Sideshow really made a mistake releasing a figure like Indy on a new/untested body. I think he would have ended up being a much better figure had he been released a year or so later once the kinks and shortness of the pro were addressed.

Paint would still have been an issue, but at least he wouldn't have such odd proportions.

Sideshow really made a mistake releasing a figure like Indy on a new/untested body. I think he would have ended up being a much better figure had he been released a year or so later once the kinks and shortness of the pro were addressed.

Paint would still have been an issue, but at least he wouldn't have such odd proportions.

I agree. I was initially okay with the Pro, and there are ways to futz the figure so it doesn't look so squat. But now I wish they would retire that Pro 1.0 completely. The proportions are terrible--the torso in particular. The Pros 1.1 and especially 1.2 are far better proportioned.

I'm considering picking up a replacement body and for the SS figure at some point, I've upgraded my Snake-Eyes twice now, and that definitely makes a big difference in the overall presentation of the figure.

I agree. I was initially okay with the Pro, and there are ways to futz the figure so it doesn't look so squat. But now I wish they would retire that Pro 1.0 completely. The proportions are terrible--the torso in particular. The Pros 1.1 and especially 1.2 are far better proportioned.

The only instance which I would disagree would be the Cobra Troop figures. They look amazing on the Pro 1.... And I find the Pro to be solid for porting over all the Lukes that came on a Buck.

I actually agree that the Medi version is a better Ford likeness, but the sub-Hasbro paint apps and skinny little teenager's body take away from that.

I've owned the ROTLA version of Indy...he sucks. Likeness is bad, not nearly as good as the KOTCS version. And who's racist? FLOSI? He does hate Native Endorians of the Sanctuary Moon.

Just think of what Indy would look like now? And probably about $75 cheaper.

I wouldn't mind T. Grove taking another crack at a 1/6 Indy. As nice as the 1/6 Raiders sculpt it, he's gotten better and better since.

The only instance which I would disagree would be the Cobra Troop figures. They look amazing on the Pro 1.... And I find the Pro to be solid for porting over all the Lukes that came on a Buck.

Very true, the Cobra Trooper does look good on the Pro 1.0 and it is a good replacement for figures previously on the short male buck.

Thanks Kuzeh, that means a lot coming from you.

I still need to stretch the jacket out a bit, then do some basic weathering to it. He looks good in this pic, but a bit stiff. I think that we all can futz with him and get it right over time.

I like this pic I took yesterday, it shows the real potential that is there:

photo-85.jpg

With the shirt taped down from the inside, plus the shirt open, it balances out the sculpt. How the clothes hang makes a real difference.

Back