HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is, most people who want that second fig for the above reason already have two OC Batman figures already. :lol
So what? You can't take the cape off OC Bats without potentially doing serious damage, so you can't use it for Wayne, and you can't switch out the cape for one that doesn't look like poo. I personally would like to have a Wayne and Batman on display, both with this figure as the base. And you don't have to be a Nolan Batman fanatic to want to have Bats AND training Wayne on the display IMO. No more than a guy might want Tony Stark and Iron Man, or Clark Kent and Superman. I don't see how that's OCD, either. What, is it OCD not to want to go up and switch out the version of Batman you have on display whenever you get in the mood to want to look at Wayne instead of Bats? Or if you would like to have both on the same display? They're completely different looks from different segments of the film.

To me, this is precisely the same as Thriller MJ or T-1000. The figure gives you enough for 2 display choices, and many collectors want to display both. Only here, they really can't without skirting Sideshow's policies or paying a premium on the secondary market despite the fact that the figure is apparently readily available in quantities that exceed all those who want one, plus all those (and I'm sure that there are many) who have set up multiple accounts for the purpose of buying extras.

As good as some of the recasts are, they don't match up to HT quality.

I could only imagine what these boards would look like if this sold out in 10 minutes and people went to the bay and ended up with a shoddy recast with a lousy paint app. Then all you would see is complaints that HT should have made more and it shouldn't have been so limited and I got robbed on the bay...I know that I'm happy I scored a legit one others should be as well.

To Karamazov80's point at this point SSC should allow another purchase for those looking for the multiple display options. It's those who wanted basically got it and 1 more per person isn't going to fuel the 2nd-ary marker, IMO

I could only imagine what these boards would look like if this sold out in 10 minutes and people went to the bay and ended up with a shoddy recast with a lousy paint app. Then all you would see is complaints that HT should have made more and it shouldn't have been so limited and I got robbed on the bay...I know that I'm happy I scored a legit one others should be as well.

I'd grab a protein bar, some green tea and be prepared to earn my next infraction for posting multiple crybaby images. :lol

considering you can still order this, if you haven't figured out how to get a second one then you aren't very bright.

So what? You can't take the cape off OC Bats without potentially doing serious damage, so you can't use it for Wayne, and you can't switch out the cape for one that doesn't look like poo. I personally would like to have a Wayne and Batman on display, both with this figure as the base. And you don't have to be a Nolan Batman fanatic to want to have Bats AND training Wayne on the display IMO. No more than a guy might want Tony Stark and Iron Man, or Clark Kent and Superman. I don't see how that's OCD, either. What, is it OCD not to want to go up and switch out the version of Batman you have on display whenever you get in the mood to want to look at Wayne instead of Bats? Or if you would like to have both on the same display? They're completely different looks from different segments of the film.

To me, this is precisely the same as Thriller MJ or T-1000. The figure gives you enough for 2 display choices, and many collectors want to display both. Only here, they really can't without skirting Sideshow's policies or paying a premium on the secondary market despite the fact that the figure is apparently readily available in quantities that exceed all those who want one, plus all those (and I'm sure that there are many) who have set up multiple accounts for the purpose of buying extras.

:exactly::goodpost:
Totally agree with this. Maybe some people (my self included) want all variations of Nolan's batman suits.

:goodpost::exactly::exactly: Someone just got TOLD :rotfl

I'm going to pose with Batman Cowl on odd days, with Bale head on even days, Saturday will be Cowl head, Sunday will be Bale head.

Make sure between switch outs that you turn the light switch off and on 20 times on the odd days but only 19 times on the even days, 22 on a Saturday and 21 on a Sunday. Otherwise your cat will get run over tomorrow.

Even if I didn't care about this figure, I just don't like the idea of making a 2-in-1 type as an exclusive to begin with.

It's part of the game. It's what gives this figure it's appeal. Likely if it hadn't been exclusive and just been a normal release, a lot of the people buying would've passed.

I agree, the fact is (and I'm a supporter), Nolan Batman's been done to death. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but to get people to bite on another Bats, they needed something special. They not only gave people a second chance at one of the most sought after figures, but also added an extra option, as well as an amazing head sculpt and interchangeable faces. The exclusivity just upped the ante a bit, as NAM said.

I agree, the fact is (and I'm a supporter), Nolan Batman's been done to death. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but to get people to bite on another Bats, they needed something special. They not only gave people a second chance at one of the most sought after figures, but also added an extra option, as well as an amazing head sculpt and interchangeable faces. The exclusivity just upped the ante a bit, as NAM said.

:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Make sure between switch outs that you turn the light switch off and on 20 times on the odd days but only 19 times on the even days, 22 on a Saturday and 21 on a Sunday. Otherwise your cat will get run over tomorrow.

But I own a dog :dunno

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back