HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys did a FANTASTIC job with the head mold for Wolf and its paint applications. That's really, really impressive.

Even down to the "foggy" eye...damn. :rock

I don't see what's not to like about this figure. :confused:

Not my pic. (too lazy to take more right now)
up21543.jpg

The sculpt is the best thing, but the cutting corners is my beef

I bagged one:
It isn't half bad IMO.

Wolf009.jpg

Wolf010.jpg

Wolf002.jpg

Wolf006.jpg

Wolf005.jpg

Wolf016.jpg

great pics face! thats how this fig should be displayed, very dim lighting! already got some lights from ikea, just waiting on my detolfs to arrive.. gonna use an orange light over the p2 elder, and dark blue like the one you have pictured over p2, wolf and predalien.:rock

Just got an email from ABC... they said Wolfie won't ship until mid to late March... crud! Looks like some of us will have to wait a few more weeks. :monkey2

I asked them about the PredAlien but still waiting for a reply.

The only thing I don't like is that damn seam running right down the middle of the dome.

Seriously, they couldn't figure out how to make 1 piece of plastic?

People have the same concerns over at Mediworld so I posted these, the seam is there, but you hardly notice it in person, those other pics are either a bad example or the lighting caught it badly, here are some new pics to illustrate-
frontdetail.jpg

frontviewjaw.jpg

headdetail-2.jpg

The light just kind of catches it here, but you don't really notice it when displayed!-
jawdetail1.jpg

Just got an email from ABC... they said Wolfie won't ship until mid to late March... crud! Looks like some of us will have to wait a few more weeks. :monkey2

I asked them about the PredAlien but still waiting for a reply.

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! :banghead

The sculpt is the best thing, but the cutting corners is my beef

What cutting corners?
The netting seems to be perfectly movie accurate, as Wolf only had the tank top netting.
The molded on shin guards make perfect sense, 'cause, again, Wolf doesn't have any netting on the legs and also he is a lot slimmer than other preds, so making separate shin guards is unnecessary.
The only questionable decision is the loincloth, and that should be pretty easy to fix if you're so inclined... I mean, all you need is a piece of cloth!
Other than that, just take a look at the figure!
The sculpt and paint apps are amazing, and it is a completely new body to boot! Just the cost of designing and making a completely new body for just one figure should give you pause to think.

If you don't like the way it looks, it's fine, but don't accuse HT of cutting corners when it is clearly a very costly figure to produce.

Thanks for the links!
Quick question: on the second link there's a pic of a fantastic knight, do you know what that is about?

What cutting corners?
The netting seems to be perfectly movie accurate, as Wolf only had the tank top netting.
The molded on shin guards make perfect sense, 'cause, again, Wolf doesn't have any netting on the legs and also he is a lot slimmer than other preds, so making separate shin guards is unnecessary.
The only questionable decision is the loincloth, and that should be pretty easy to fix if you're so inclined... I mean, all you need is a piece of cloth!
Other than that, just take a look at the figure!
The sculpt and paint apps are amazing, and it is a completely new body to boot! Just the cost of designing and making a completely new body for just one figure should give you pause to think.

If you don't like the way it looks, it's fine, but don't accuse HT of cutting corners when it is clearly a very costly figure to produce.

I think most are not complaining about the lack of netting for the legs...it's that they could have made the netting longer and designed it so that you put his legs through the groin area (like a leotard). I agree 100% with this because you can in some of the pics the netting doesn't cover part of his bellow (since it doesn't hug his body tightly the netting may also run up his body)...maybe not a huge deal but it bugs some people including me. The netting for his arm isn't long enough either. Complaints aside I'm still very excited about this figure and can't wait to have him in my hands!

Thanks for the links!
Quick question: on the second link there's a pic of a fantastic knight, do you know what that is about?

I'm not sure why it's there, but if you're referring to the figure in the chain mail coif, that's a SSC/WETA LOTR Hooded Rohirrim Soldier bust, which was an exclusive at the '05 San Diego Comic Con.

Ahh... I see your question has already been answered! :D :monkey1

I think most are not complaining about the lack of netting for the legs...it's that they could have made the netting longer and designed it so that you put his legs through the groin area (like a leotard). I agree 100% with this because you can in some of the pics the netting doesn't cover part of his bellow (since it doesn't hug his body tightly the netting may also run up his body)...maybe not a huge deal but it bugs some people including me. The netting for his arm isn't long enough either. Complaints aside I'm still very excited about this figure and can't wait to have him in my hands!

Pretty much sums it up dude

That profile shot above is kick ass! I love it!

I just got an email from ABC from my inquiry as to when they will get this and the PA and be shipping etc., and it says this:

Yes the figure has been released. But HOT TOYS will sell the first lot in their store first. The sooner lot will be sent to us around the mid or end of March. Some sellers will buy them from HOT TOYS retail store and sell them at higher price. If you keep our order, you may be benefited from the low price.Just after the figure arrive our stock we will send it to you.
Best wishes,
abc

So, Looks like I am in a holding pattern til they get 'em. This is a first. Last go round, I'da had one by now.

Oh well...the pics I see look cool. It will be worth the wait.

Damn, I guess this will really be a Q2 shipment then. Oh well, maybe I will get a P2 or P2 BD to tide me over. I really want a Celtic, but I can't seem to find one under $400. :monkey2

I have to say I'm with Abake, having these babies in hand the PredAlien is far better than I could have hoped and Wolf is pretty freakin impresive. And as an add on, I nearly finished my review of him and I was literally half way through when I noticed a length of elastic in with the springs/hoses and instructions, it's not mentioned in the instructions but the penny dropped, it's there to tie off the netting shirt. Once you've done it, and I have now, it all works perfectly.
If I were you Jamal I'd keep him, it's selling out fast and is a great addition to the growing Predator army.
Statues, shmatues you CAN'T pose the freakin things!

Back