HT Aliens and Power Loader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you man. i may not be THAT nitpicky, but this IS Hot Toys, and dammit, we're paying SERIOUS dollars for these figures... we would only expect close to perfection.

i can almost go as far to say that that Alien looks nothing like the Alien Drone from Aliens.

Figuremaster Les said:
And, not to be too nitpicky, but here are my complaints laid out for debate.

I just hope they try a LITTLE harder next time. (The A L I E N ????)

HTAlienscorrections.jpg

I know, I know...nitpicky, but dagnabbit, THIS IS HOT TOYS!!!!! :banghead

And, again, if this was in hand, now, and I could get one...
YEAH! I'd still get is as is. I just wish they had not tried to smoke and mirror an ALIENS warrior on top of the AVP bod.

OK, end of my complaining. I promise. Just forgive an old Alien fan his letdown.
Everyone go back to their announcement reveries. :D

I really think some of us should follow abake's example and send an email to HT design team with comp imagery. The more feedback they receive regarding accuracy issues, the more likey they will make changes. HT = accuracy with them.

HT site link, go to contact us...

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php

Last edited:
Figuremaster Les said:
There ya go! A Nostromo spacesuit!

I love your chewed up comment. I was just gonna say, I could sculpt a better Alien with my teeth, so good call screaming.

And, not to be too nitpicky, but here are my complaints laid out for debate.

I just hope they try a LITTLE harder next time. (The A L I E N ????)

HTAlienscorrections.jpg

I know, I know...nitpicky, but dagnabbit, THIS IS HOT TOYS!!!!! :banghead

And, again, if this was in hand, now, and I could get one...
YEAH! I'd still get is as is. I just wish they had not tried to smoke and mirror an ALIENS warrior on top of the AVP bod.

OK, end of my complaining. I promise. Just forgive an old Alien fan his letdown.
Everyone go back to their announcement reveries. :D
Damn that's thorough. I didn't even notice it's got the AVP Alien's legs.
I'll eventually write them a letter, this is a showing that's below Hot Toy's abilities.

Geeze, this gets better and better! I am glad that I cancelled all those HT kits that I had on the way with all this stuff coming! Wow! I agree that the Warrior needs to be worked upon yet. It is still so cool though. All of us Aliens fans are drooling here... :drool :drool :drool

Okay boys, I emailed HT too... now its your turn, let's try to get them to make this as film accurate as possible, we will ALL benefit from it. :cool:

pjam said:
Okay boys, I emailed HT too... now its your turn, let's try to get them to make this as film accurate as possible, we will ALL benefit from it. :cool:

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I did that WAY back when ED-209 was first showcased as a prototype, with attached photos, links to images on the Robocoparchive.com site, and links to these boards so HT could see what people were saying about the 'screen-inaccuracies' (the double barrels that should be single on the missile arm, the lack of detail in the "mouth" area, the angled head dome that should be more round...etc., etc.) Now, I still love the piece in-hand...it's AMAZING!, but HT didn't make any of the changes between prototype and final piece except (arguably) a less 'angled' head dome...

But still, it's worth a shot!!! I'll email about these Aliens pieces as well...

:cool:

Cool Indy,
Like I said the more feedback they receive the more likely they'll do something. It's one thing to get one or two emails and another to receive quite a few...

Hope springs eternal after all.
But the fact is, this is quite clearly an interpretation of the Aliens warrior, not the aliens warrior. Sad, a bit of a missed opportunity.
Still, awesome piece.

abake said:
Hope springs eternal after all.
But the fact is, this is quite clearly an interpretation of the Aliens warrior, not the aliens warrior. Sad, a bit of a missed opportunity.
Still, awesome piece.

Hot Toys has a penchant for rereleasing figures and making tweaks along the way. I wouldn't count this as the ONLY alien from Alines we'll be seeing. My guess is that Indy is right about this alien being set as is. But that pjam is also right that Hot Toys will listen if they are inundated with e-mails and make the applicable changes -- but in the Alien alien. Then, down the road, rerelease the Aliens alien with the tweaks.

gdb said:
Hot Toys has a penchant for rereleasing figures and making tweaks along the way. I wouldn't count this as the ONLY alien from Alines we'll be seeing. My guess is that Indy is right about this alien being set as is. But that pjam is also right that Hot Toys will listen if they are inundated with e-mails and make the applicable changes -- but in the Alien alien. Then, down the road, rerelease the Aliens alien with the tweaks.

We'll see, Howard Chan is a stickler for accuracy... I wish sites like cooltoyreview would shut TF up about prices, they are saying "expect to pay 300" for the PL... ED was like 190...

pjam said:
We'll see, Howard Chan is a stickler for accuracy... I wish sites like cooltoyreview would shut TF up about prices, they are saying "expect to pay 300" for the PL... ED was like 190...

I hope you're right. I sent an e-mail. :D

The thing is, they're not including a Ripley. There's no way the PL is going to be more than ED without a figure.

But at this quality range, who cares. Nice things cost money. Pictures I've seen makes the whole thing worth the price of a Premium Format.

gdb said:
I hope you're right. I sent an e-mail. :D

The thing is, they're not including a Ripley. There's no way the PL is going to be more than ED without a figure.

But at this quality range, who cares. Nice things cost money. Pictures I've seen makes the whole thing worth the price of a Premium Format.

"It's just a piece of plastic"
-Newt

Not, it's a dream piece of plastic... :lol

pjam said:
Cool Indy,
Like I said the more feedback they receive the more likely they'll do something. It's one thing to get one or two emails and another to receive quite a few...

Totally good point pjam, and I have emailed the powers that be at HT once again! Here's hoping there's some tweaks to be made before they release the production piece! :D

Indiana Fett said:
Totally good point pjam, and I have emailed the powers that be at HT once again! Here's hoping there's some tweaks to be made before they release the production piece! :D

I sent them an image comp link so they can see for themselves... maybe if they see it instead of reading about it, it might catch HC's discriminating eye... of course it will be a prod accuracy vs design change cost issue but at least they'll be aware of it...

I addressed my email to Howard Chan and the HT Design Team btw.

Last edited:
pjam said:
I sent them an image comp link so they can see for themselves... maybe if they see it instead of reading about it, it might catch HC's discriminating eye... of course it will be a prod accuracy vs design change cost issue so at least they'll be aware of it...

I addressed my email to Howard Chan and the HT Design Team btw.

I hope you told him "thank you" for the power loader and warrior as well.

:D

Wor-Gar said:
I hope you told him "thank you" for the power loader and warrior as well.

:D

I bowed to him and praised him as my almighty Toy God! :lol Seriously I thanked them profusely and told them we've had this Alien thread since last April just anticipating the possibilities of HT Alien stuff..

...he really is one of my heroes! :D

pjam said:
I bowed to him and praised him as my almighty Toy God! :lol Seriously I thanked them profusely and told them we've had this Alien thread since last April just anticipating the possibilities of HT Alien stuff..

...he really is one of my heroes! :D

HAHA! Me too...I mean just getting a 1/6 set of USMC figs in such detail 20 years after the film was killer...but then a 1/6 Robocop with working thigh holster...and a 1/6 ED-Freakin'-209!!! THAT blew me away. Now a 1/6 Power-Loader...It's almost too much for words. 4th qtr. 2007 CANNOT come soon enough (in my mind at least...my pocketbook is giving thanks after just shelling out for Jabba and Throne and soon more $$$ for the Boba Fett PF!) :D

P.S., pjam, congrats on post #4,000! I've only achieved 10% of the number of posts you've made!! I'm so far behind you and Wor-Gar...I have A LOT of work to do. LOL!!!

Back