HT Aliens and Power Loader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
There's a hell of a lot of light playing on that dome in that prod shot too IMO. I need to see the vtr and a few floor shots to really see what's going on there...

Agreed.
I am always annoyed at the strange initial images shown on these. I recall the first time I saw the HT AVP warrior, not liking it. So, who knows.
I'm most likely still gonna get one. It's an ALIEN!!! :D

Bardoon said:
I wonder if it comes with the Ripley.
Look at the bottom of the pic.

loaderacopy.jpg

I still can't believe Hot Toys made this. This is great news! I'm basically feeling what Pjam is right now, man... Wow!

Yeah Folsom, it's a HT PL, nothing else...

Ripley is pictured to show what she looks like with the PL.

And yes we were discussing the possibilities of having this last April on page 9 of the Aliens thread if you could believe that, to see it come true is well, a dream come true!

I think the image of the Alien looks a little odd... but part of that is its a pretty poor quality one... coupled with it being saved in 3 parts and reassembled by me in photoshop :lol

My guess is we'll be happier when we see some nice crisp images. Although I don't understand why we haven't seen any floor shots yet?!?

I don't think the lighting is causing that segmented form just behind the jaw to appear, nowhere in those stills Les posted does that form appear.

Wow... thanks for the ref shot to remind me how f'ing awesome this thing's gonna be!

So... I'd say it's just a matter of time before we get a queen. I need to go buy a new display case.

Make sure it's big enough for her majesty bro! :lol

If you've noticed, the HT Pl is also weathered, meaning scrapes and such, even the pressure cables look film accurate. Okay, I need to calm down now... again... :lol :cool:

EVILFACE said:
SS should just let Hot Toys make all their 1/6 lines from now on and just concentrate on their PF's and Busts.

I kinda get the feeling that SS is transitioning into that. With distributing rights, SS gets paid and it frees up their staff to do their statues and the like.

I used to think that Hasbro would buy SSC in the next five years -- and maybe they still will. Now I'm thinking that HT, Medicom, SSC might do something without Hasbro. Who knows. I certaintly haven't done the business research to make any accurate predictions.

pjam said:
Make sure it's big enough for her majesty bro! :lol

If you've noticed, the HT Pl is also weathered, meaning scrapes and such, even the pressure cables look film accurate. Okay, I need to calm down now... again... :lol :cool:

Breathe, man. Slow, deep breaths. :D

WOW! All I can say is WOW! I knew after seeing HT do the ED-209 figure that a Power Loader was entirely possible, but now to see it a reality...All I can say is WOW! It must be 18" tall! I don't care what it costs, it's gonna be MINE! :D :D :D

If they do a Queen, it's going to cause me to spiral out of control, picking up all this stuff that I am passing on right now. That new Alien warrior is wicked.

gdb said:
I kinda get the feeling that SS is transitioning into that. With distributing rights, SS gets paid and it frees up their staff to do their statues and the like.

I used to think that Hasbro would buy SSC in the next five years -- and maybe they still will. Now I'm thinking that HT, Medicom, SSC might do something without Hasbro. Who knows. I certaintly haven't done the business research to make any accurate predictions.

Well in the toy industry theres quite a lot of partnering these days... i guess it's a good way to share the expensive license fee. like i saw on Medicom website having POTC bust made by Gentle Giant... etc

Medicom concentrates on their 1/6 real action heros of POTC products while GG takes care of nice busts and i believe they probably share the cost of aquiring the license of producing POTC stuff? hey everyone benefits from it... and both company dont compete with one another as they make $ from their own genere.

This is just amzing news!
We knew it was coming sooner or later, but to see it finally become a reality is just incredible!

Having said that, I agree with Les. This does not look likt the perfect, exact, movie accurate warrior from Aliens.
It looks awesome, but it is not the exact replia in 1/6 scale of the movie creature.
My guess is they went with a more generic body so it could be used for the Alien drone with minimal extra tooling. I'm obviously still going to get it and count my blessings for being able to even get something this cool, but I'm still left with the feeling that it is not as gloriously perfect as it could be.
But enough of that! Let the wookie dance begin!
:chew

How long do you guys figure it will take HT to unveil the Queen and the Alien drone? Will the queen come first? Or the drone? I'm pretty sure we'll get some type of exclusive battle scarred warrior from Aliens as well.

Yep abake, we're gonna get a bunch of these, drones, crawlers, blue and BD, I'm hoping the BD will have some kind of flourescent acid paint apps...

As for the Queen, well now that the PL is out of the bag I'm sure an announcement will follow failry closely, certainly within a year or so. My best guess is we MAY see it announced at SDCC, if not later this year for an 08 release.

Reinhardt said:
i am dying and can't wait any longer to see more pics of the power loader!!!

Might be time to start figuring out how to light that bubble if needed! :D There are very cheap beacon lights out there, should be a no brainer.

Pjam, I think you are in ALIENS heaven! :lol

I am stoked too. Glad to see so much excitement about all this. I gotta admit, that powerloader has me stoked. Beacon lights! Man...:lol

Back