HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA!

Just got my "Processing Order" email from Sideshow.

"Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for the Dog Alien - Alien 3 Poseable Model Kit collectible (item #6393) on February 11th. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order."

:chew:chew:chew

Yep, got mine too!

Got my notice today as well. So happy to finally be getting it. I can't believe I'm more excited to get the Dragon than the exclusive Stormtrooper. Times they are a changing.

Anyone get charged today? I didn't :mad: and want them to take my money so I can get this. My patience is running out.
if you got it from ssc, i think they send you a 2 week notice before they charge your account, don't they?

Still no word from SS about mine. I'm beginning to wonder if they've forgotten about me. They never answered my query about my Predator&Dutch order either. I hope my existance has not become lost to them.

Still no word from SS about mine. I'm beginning to wonder if they've forgotten about me. They never answered my query about my Predator&Dutch order either. I hope my existance has not become lost to them.

Call them up. They have great customer phone service. I called because they pre authorized my account for the full amount and I used reward points to knock the price down. Long story short, LISA RULES:rock2

Got my notice too:rock Will have it Thursday. Same day Machiko arrives. Busy day. Can't wait for these to get here.

I have this and a 1/6 James Dean coming, plus another Frodo 1/6 I need for a kitbash so I've got a busy week too. All should be here before the weekend. Glad my credit card bill came in a few days ago so these can go on another month.

Hopefully, I won't be getting anything for awhile now. :google

I have this and a 1/6 James Dean coming, plus another Frodo 1/6 I need for a kitbash so I've got a busy week too. All should be here before the weekend. Glad my credit card bill came in a few days ago so these can go on another month.

Hopefully, I won't be getting anything for awhile now. :google

I hear you but Stormtroopers coming and I think Vader is supposed to be March or April. Plus, if HT announce a new Joker, I'm there for that also. Face it, THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT. Oh, and Predator and Dutch. I really need to get on that winning lottery thing or finding a sugar momma.

I hear you but Stormtroopers coming and I think Vader is supposed to be March or April. Plus, if HT announce a new Joker, I'm there for that also. Face it, THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT. Oh, and Predator and Dutch. I really need to get on that winning lottery thing or finding a sugar momma.

:lol I've already posted about finding a sugar daddy! So far, no luck. :(

Hullo, everyone. New to the forum and new to collecting (only three models so far). I just discovered this site today and wish I had ventured into here before I purchased my HT Alien 3. I got mine in yesterday, and I must say I'm rather disappointed. Aside from not being able to stand the thing up, the design is all wrong. I know some folks here are more lenient than others regarding accuracy, but this design being my favorite of all the films, I'm rather picky about it.

Here are my observations:

The mouth is wrong. The dog alien has the smallest mouth of all the creatures, and when open, its lips resembles an elongated O...similar to a human's. The Hot Toys creature has what I can only describe as the Joker's grin. Also, the molars protrude forward out of the mouth at an almost 45 degree angle. These two factors combine to give the creature an almost goofy look...not menacing at all.

The tail also seems to be a bit short and too skinny. The individual sections of the tail should be almost cube-like in shape and thicker than they are on this model. Also, the exoskeleton is too rugged and rough where they should be smooth, particularly in the upper thigh, near the hips. Parts of it resemble tree bark and almost makes it look like some sort of forest monster.

Last, but not least, its forehead slants back at too much of an angle and is too straight. The dog alien has a pronounced "bulbous" forhead...the entire front area of which should almost dominate the mouth and jaw in size, yet on this model, it seems to be the other way around.

If you own the diorama or the maquette or even the Halycon model, you can compare it with these, as those models were able to get it almost dead on.

I hate that my first post seems to be nothing but complaints, but to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. The thing is, I saw these "errors" even before I purchased the model, but was hoping that seeing it in person would change my mind. Unfortunately, it did not.

Next up: the queen alien diorama. I'm gonna have to penny pinch to get this one, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard dude!
There's a healthy Alien fanbase around here, so I'm sure you'll find a lot of like-minded xeno-freaks.
On the accuracy of the HT dragon, well, nothing new to say there. Alas, that is our cross to bear as alien fans. HT will not deliver accurate figures, whatever their reasons might be.
Have you checked NECA's and Medicom's Alien figures? Those two are really really nice and very accurate sculpts (albeit each with its own pros and cons). Here's hoping that NECA will release all aliens one day...

I have my dragon on pre-order and have come to terms with the fact that it isn't accurate. Can't wait to have it in hand!

its so dissapointing how hot toys seem to detail everything near perfect for all their lines except the alien movies and avp aliens.

Back