HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all my figures its the HT aliens I kinda sorta regret buying. Sure when you get them first and they smell nice your automatic reaction is ''cooollll''...but the NewToySmell and the NewToyExcitement fade away and you're left with this innaccurate approximation of what you saw on screen with its paint flaking off, its limbs flopping about and the worry about whats going to happen to the rubber over the years.

Of all my figures its the HT aliens I kinda sorta regret buying. Sure when you get them first and they smell nice your automatic reaction is ''cooollll''...but the NewToySmell and the NewToyExcitement fade away and you're left with this innaccurate approximation of what you saw on screen with its paint flaking off, its limbs flopping about and the worry about whats going to happen to the rubber over the years.
reason #73 why neca should make 1:6 aliens.

You know I actually had that as reason #5 for NECA to make 1/6 on my list. How clueless are they anyway to this market. 1/6 is where it's at, they would be so much cheaper, yet more accurate, but what do they do. 7" and 18" scale. WTF?

That'd be good - they seem to be the only company who don't decide to use artistic license when it comes to these creatures - instead doing their best to make what you see in the films. I have their 7" Giger Alien and warrior. Great figures apart from their QC. If only they made stuff comparable in scale with Hot toys.

1/6 is where it's at, they would be so much cheaper, yet more accurate, but what do they do. 7" and 18" scale. WTF?

I don't understand 18" - too big for normal shelves or cabinets, too big for dioramas, too big for companies to be willing to go beyond but a small pool of characters from any one film, too big to be able to get scaled larger figures such as ED-209 or Alien Queen...

I feel exactly the same, the Hot Toys figures i own that i feel really i got my moneys worth are the military ones...they are very well done and come with loads of stuff.

Last edited:
You know I actually had that as reason #5 for NECA to make 1/6 on my list. How clueless are they anyway to this market. 1/6 is where it's at, they would be so much cheaper, yet more accurate, but what do they do. 7" and 18" scale. WTF?

Well, I've done my best talking to some of the folks at NECA, maybe if more people e-mail them with requests we might get them to enter the 1/6 scale arena.

Well, I've done my best talking to some of the folks at NECA, maybe if more people e-mail them with requests we might get them to enter the 1/6 scale arena.
i think the point is we shouldn't have to email them about it.
hot toys is making a killing by cornering the 1:6 market. some competition is sorely needed and neca has the sculpting to do it.
it seems like neca are just hard-headed at best, or willfully ignorant of the market at worst.
either way, i doubt a few dozen emails will change anything.

that said, what's their email address?

IMO NECA has to create a new "line" for 1:6th figures.
One that's more exclusive and directed towards collectors like ourselves.
That way, you know there won't be many peg-warmers and they'll give (the leader in the 1:6th market) Hot Toys a run for their money.
Maybe that will give Hot Toys an incentive to make more accurate aliens too, and maybe even drop the price. Notice hot it keeps going up and up?
The ALIENS Marines came out at $85, and now Dutch and Billy are dam near $200.

Back