Howard Chan (Hot Toys CEO) at Comic-Con

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw him too. I asked him about his plans for the rest of the day and he said, "I think you'll be very pleased when you find out what I have planned!"

I saw Howard Chan at a grocery store in Hong Kong a couple of years back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a ****** and bother him and ask him for info on Ripley or anything. He said, “oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Kinder Eggs in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the eggs and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each egg and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

giphy.gif

:lol :lol

I saw him back in 2013 the only year I've been to Comic-Con. He was with some hot chick, but I kept all my attention on him and could tell his English was limited. He kept bringing up all the Iron Man figures and asked me which was my favorite. I could tell he was pleased with being recognized so, I asked for a quick photo and handed my phone to the woman. She took a couple and I thanked him and went on.

About an hour later I was thinking about the encounter and finally realized it was Yuli, one of HT's sculptors. Can't believe I didn't get a pic with her too lol

I saw Howard Chan at a grocery store in Hong Kong a couple of years back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a ****** and bother him and ask him for info on Ripley or anything. He said, “oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Kinder Eggs in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the eggs and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each egg and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I bet these were the Kinder eggs. :wink1:

th

A group of friends and I ran into Howard earlier today and we asked him about the status of the Millennium Falcon cockpit and the '66 Batmobile.

He took off his sunglasses, looked at us up and down and said, "What you talkin' about, Willis? They are both in my Hong Kong mansion. So long G@y Boys, toodle-loo M__F__ers", then spun around and strutted off.

A group of friends and I ran into Howard earlier today and we asked him about the status of the Millennium Falcon cockpit and the '66 Batmobile.

He took off his sunglasses, looked at us up and down and said, "What you talkin' about, Willis? They are both in my Hong Kong mansion. So long G@y Boys, toodle-loo M__F__ers", then spun around and strutted off.

Was he eating a Kinder Egg at the time?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl oh god

Back