How would you rank the most improved redone figures Hot Toys have ever re-released?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
16472788_10154187254062344_2350209964252304589_n.jpg
The latest redo of a previously released figure got me wondering what is considered the "most improved" out of all the figures Hot Toys have revisited and done over? How would you rank them?

Please post comparison pics when you can.

Hmmmmm, nice topic!!
I kept it to my top three so we're all not posting the same figures:

3. MMS168 (Mark 1 2.0)
Mark1_2_CompF_zpsc240a244.jpg

2. DX11 (Joker 2.0)
review_dx11_16.jpg

1. MMS331 (Warmachine Mk 1 2.0)
12316268_10153199446047344_4355321004191680809_n.jpg

If I'm looking at hot toys first attempt to it's 2nd, there is no question the biggest improvement for a head sculpt is the bank robber Joker over their first attempt. I'm disregarding that the costumes are different because I think it's pretty clear the main reason for bank robber Joker was to replace the head on the awful first attempt, which I think was designed based on early photos of the Ledger Joker.

There are a lot of figures that hot toys has improved upon but that one really stands out to me.

If I'm looking at hot toys first attempt to it's 2nd, there is no question the biggest improvement for a head sculpt is the bank robber Joker over their first attempt. I'm disregarding that the costumes are different because I think it's pretty clear the main reason for bank robber Joker was to replace the head on the awful first attempt, which I think was designed based on early photos of the Ledger Joker.

There are a lot of figures that hot toys has improved upon but that one really stands out to me.

Why? It's literally the same head repainted. That 2014 Bank robber Joker head was the same exact sculpt as the original 2009 Bank Robber Joker head. The only difference was the hair seam was smoothed over and it had better production paint (and it should have, the 2009 figure was $140 while the 2014 figure was a ridiculous $270 . . .)

These pics are from 2008/2009 when the V1 Bank Robber was first being advertised.

IMG_5929.JPG
IMG_5928.JPG

IMG_5930.JPG

Nobody thought the first Bank Robber Joker was awful back in 2009. I remember a lot of people even preferring it to the DX 01 PERS head. The extra slicked back hair head was great too.

IMG_5931.JPG
IMG_5932.JPG

Last edited:
I think he's referring to the first TDK Joker Hot Toys ever released -

Oh. I thought it was just Bank robber.

Most improved.

Yup. That was my first Hot Toys figure too.

No if only they'd update Kyle Reese and the Endoskeleton. Two figures that desperately need it unlike say, Iron Man 2 Iron Man.

Last edited:
Most improved IMO seems to be the DC WM followed I suspect by the DC MK VI, and MK V. Even the III was better than the original even though it was panned by many(the aftermarket is an indicator of how well it was received. I would rebuy a lot of figures if HT redid them with their current improvements

^That will be my choice. The silver indeed looks particularly bad there but the sculpt is fantastic and the articulation is an incredible achievement all things considered.

Every. Single. T-800. They all have the right ideas, but they all missed the mark in one way or another that could have been avoided in the first place.

Back