How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
I'm 29..but people think i'm about 10 years younger constantly.. Maybe it's because I don't act my age :rotfl

I'm 26 and have been collecting Hot Toys for about 5 years now. My first was the DX06 Jack Sparrow. I now have 19 in my detolfs, with one in the mail and 5 on pre-order (hopefully 6 if my waitlist converts) :lol My collection mainly focuses on Marvel these days, but my personal favorite in my collection is Raiden from Metal Gear. I've been collecting Pokemon merch for about 20 years though, and BJDs since 2010.

I'm 33. I've loved action figures since I was a small child and played with them throughout my youth. Around 13 or 14 I stopped playing with them and only bought figures to pose them on my book shelves, primarily buying Marvel Legends and Star Wars figures. This was also around the time I got heavily into comics. I'd bought them sporadically from age 7 up but in my early teens I became an collector and by the time I was 20 I was spending 200 or more a month on them. Around 22 or so I began buying figures and leaving them in the packages/boxes and displaying them hanging all over my apartment. Soon my entire apartment was covered in figures hanging in every room.

Got married at 27 and condensed my figures into our bedroom and(now) they also adorn our second bedroom(which is fine for the moment cause our 3 year old still sleeps in our bedroom). Since I've been married, I (eventually) cut back a bit on my collecting. I only read star wars comics now and that's more every now and then as I find most modern comics to be well...terrible.

I got into sixth scale figures around 2011 or so but always admired them from afar as they were too pricey for me. Then in 2012, I discovered that hot toys sold through sideshow were now available using flexpay. I bought 3 that year, 1 in 2013, 1 in 2014 and then in 2015 I bought several(I got a higher paying job) and I have several that have come(or are coming) this year.

Wife doesn't really like my toy collecting but she puts up with it. She doesn't say anything if I buy a random figure but whenever one of my hot toys arrives, she's usually grouchy for a day or two and then gets over it. My son really digs it. Doesn't matter who the character is when daddy gets a new hot toy, he's like, "open please, daddy! Open! Open!" I'm probably buying too much honestly and I'm trying to scale back but I doubt I'll ever completely give up the hobby. I love action figures and probably always will :)

I feel pretty sad that I'm 31.

Life just seems to keep slipping by.
At least I'm in the best shape of my life. Sadly it took this long to get there.

Back