How old are you gamers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how old are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
33 as well. Started with Atari :rock
y4evy9ad.jpg

I'm 33. My first console to actually call my own was SNES. First game was Street Fighter 2. My other favorite games on that was pretty much any RPG and fighting game.

Consoles I would buy since then are PS1, PS2 and PS3. My friends would buy the other systems.

I'm at least older than Snake Plissken by several months, so that's good enough.

1016.gif

Old enough to know better, young enough not to ca...damn it, nope, just old enough to know better, now...

First console was a intellivision I think.
It came with a gun and you’d shoot a white square.
It had football tennis etc.
Black and white aswell:)
Got a colecovision, atari 2600, sega mega drive, did have the saturn but sold it a few years back.
Shouldn’t have big mistake.
Got a snes with some great games like street fighter.
Playstation 1 and 2.
Xbox and 360. N64 love goldeneye and perfect dark still.
First pc game I played was tron 2.0 and was my first step into a bigger world.
A friend built my first pc just to play the game.
And its been downhill evet since.

too old to even post. too poor to afford a game back then, lol. was playing some simple push light game that my brother probably stole, then on to Atari. figure I am making up for lost time but then again, I shouldn't be playing. I did meet a grandpa, while playing diablo 3, whos stubborn as a door nail.

i'm 38. my dad got me an atari for my 6th or 7th birthday, cant really remember............been playing console games ever since.

Started with Atari when I was really young, and still playing to this day. Lately I don't get to play that much anymore, but when I do I try to play games that have a high rating with user reviews.

I remember my dad taking my brother and I to the arcade at the mall way back in the late 70's early 80's. And us getting our Atari 2600 (which I still have) on the way home from dropping mom off at the airport when she went to visit her sister. I think my dad wanted something to keep us busy so he wouldn't have to watch us. :)

42! Damn, does that make me the oldest on here?

My first console was the Magnavox Odyssey, how many of you have even heard of that one? :D

I was young, but as I recall it played only a few games, all derivations on PONG.

in 1977 I moved on to the Atari 2600, which cost a staggering $170 at the time! Wonder what that would be equivalent to today? The games were $30 or $40 each as well.

Video games died for a while, thanks to Atari consistantly releasing bad games (I'm looking at you ET) and I rejoined gaming in 1990 (late to the game) thanks to my (at the time) girlfriends brothers.

Since, I have owned every major console with the exception of the Wii U.

As for the next gen, I may just get the PS4 this time around, but havent made up my mind.

EDIT - According to an inflation calculator I used, the Atari in 1977 cost the equivalent of $635.00 today and buying a ($30) game would be like spending at least $112.00 now.

Last edited:
Back