How many freaks out there collect 1/6th military figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue devils

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title says. There is a lot of talk about GI Joe RAH on this site but very little about WWI, WWII, Korea, modern etc... Is anybody out there into 1/6th military? I for one think DID, Soldier Story, 3R, make some of the best military figures. They come with a ton of equipment and for a third of the price of Hot Toys. I recently started collecting from these companies and comparing detail and accessories has lead me to selling off most of my Hot Toys in favor of military 1/6th. Anyway, I hope to hear more from collector's of these figures, what you like, pictures, for sale, anything.

I have a few, but have stopped collecting them because my dollar doesn't stretch that far anymore now that movie-related stuff has become so expensive. As well as the companies you mention, Caltek and Crazy Dummy also put out some nice figures, Check out onesixthwarriors.com if you haven't already - they're huge 1/6 military fans over there :)

I love DID and 3R WW2 figures and would love to buy some again someday. The only thing that is stopping me from collecting them again is you just cant have one military figure and my money is being spent on GI Joe, Star Wars, and Customs which eat up all my funds. Ido have my eye on grabbing a DID Luca DAK soon and I will just have to make sure I dont go overboard.

I love DID and 3R WW2 figures and would love to buy some again someday. The only thing that is stopping me from collecting them again is you just cant have one military figure and my money is being spent on GI Joe, Star Wars, and Customs which eat up all my funds. Ido have my eye on grabbing a DID Luca DAK soon and I will just have to make sure I dont go overboard.

You are so right about not having just one You need to army build!

Yes Cal Tek, DAM, and Crazy Dummy all offer fantastic figures. Like I said, the movie related stuff is nice, but with pricing moving up to $300.00 average, I will begin to pick and choose on them. 2 for 1 and sometimes 3 for 1 on the military guys will build my collection quickly! I have most of the 3R figures, all 4 of the DID WWI figures, 2 of the soldier Story modern military guys and several others on the way. And it didn't hurt nearly as much as buying that many Hot Toys figures.

I am very interested in Military figures. The only one I have right now is the WWI Marine that Sideshow did a long time ago, in their Bayonets and Barbedwire line.

I would love to have a well done Marine figure from all the different eras.

Have you seen the US marine honor guard figure from DID? He looks awsome!, and is only $99.00

WWII stuff from 21st Century was what suckered me into 1:6 scale stuff back in the early 2000's. I thought their Fallschirmjaeger was one of the baddest figures I'd ever seen! I had their schwimwagen too. Good stuff. Too bad my wife sold 'em all behind my back at a garage sale. HOWEVER, I now use that little tidbit for leverage w/ her whenever there are some pricey 1:6 items that show up from time to time. "Yeah, honey. Remember back in the day when I had that really cool collection of figures you referred to as 'dolls'? Good times...wonder whatever happened to those (sigh)."

21st century toys. I remember them well. I had lots of that stuff including the Stuart tank, jeeps, motorcycles etc... My favorite was the Eastern front German infantryman with great coat. I had a whole squad of those! The vehicles were real nice and pretty pricey now days.

I got started with gijoe hall of fame figures, then 21 century, then whatever I could find in 1/6 at one point. Now I mainly collect hot toys movie stuff with the occassional military figure.

I got a couple soldier story modern guys and a couple of dams black hawk down guys and thats it. There stuff is great for sure but something has to stand out for me to buy it, I'm not into army building just a few select outstanding soldiers I find interesting.

I used to actively collect 1:6 military figures (mostly modern) asides from SIDESHOW's GI JOE.

I may still pick up an occasional new military figure here & there, but nothing consistent.

I have a few dozen military figs, by far though, my fav are my WW1 figs. I have put together a few dozen custom WW1 figs over the years and at one time owned the entire B&BW line. A few years ago i just decided to customize these and ive had a great time doing it..so much interesting WW1 stuff to bash

Not as much as I'd like. Actually, DiD George C. Scott Patton will be my first. Been waiting for headsculpts that match HT quality on some of my favorite military movie/TV/VG properties.

- Haven't found any Black Hawk Down headsculpts that I thought were good enough. They're all just off enough to bother me. They've done a lot from Tears of the Sun ... but that movie wasn't quite great enough to draw my interest in figures. There are a few good ones out there from Saving Private Ryan, but I'm more interested modern figures.

- I've been waiting for somebody to do a set from The Unit -- I'd buy up four or five of the main characters in a nanosecond ... Blane, Brown, Gerhardt, Williams and probably Col. Ryan. So far, nobody's even tried. Damn shame. I keep thinking I'll get the Enterbay 24 David Palmer to do a custom Jonas Blane -- but I never seem get around to it.

- I'd love some of the main characters from the COD MW and Black Ops series, but, surprisingly, nobody seems to have done those either. Soap and Ghost from the MW series; Mason, Harper and Woods from Black Ops 2. I saw somebody is doing one from Medal of Honor, though. It looks fine, I guess. Like Tears of the Sun .... just not a prominent enough property.

- Kinda hoping a good figure or two from ZD30 gets made.

With the exception of Patton, I'm still waiting for something that fits what I'm looking for.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I buy loose parts mostly. I hate most of the gear that sideshow gives us. All crap.

It isn't all crap but allot of it is sub par if you want a perfect character. They have stepped up there game though with the joe line but its still not nearly as great as it could be. I would of much more preffered if the AK rifles of all types that came with Cobra figures had wood grain stalk/hand guard would of looked much better.

I think I am going to go nuts though soon since I have the DAM Persian Gulf (Jarhead) figure on preorder and if I like it I am going to build a squad of maybe 4-5 of them since I love the chem gear and all the items he comes with. I will have to wait and see though to what quality it is even though every loose part I have every bought that was DAM was top quality in my opinion.

Back