How long will Luke last?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewblacca

Super Freak
Reaction score
According to my estimation there are only 7 versions of Luke that Sideshow can make:
1 Farm Boy Luke
2 Storm Trooper Luke
3 X-Wing Luke
4 Medal Winner Luke (coming soon)
5 Hoth Luke
6 Bespin Luke
7 Jedi Luke (already done)

Of course if they really want to milk it they could make a Dagobah Luke (Bespin Luke with his jacket off), or a New Hand Luke (dressed in that hospital robe at the end of Empire). With this being the second year with the second version of Luke, then maybe Sideshow is planning one a year with different versions of Han(5 versions one already done), Leia(8 versions two already done), and a whole lot of aliens and side characters in between. With an estimation of ten figures per year no wonder we are getting Endor Soldiers, chess tables, Jabba creatures, and EU figures.

chewblacca said:
According to my estimation there are only 7 versions of Luke that Sideshow can make:
1 Farm Boy Luke
2 Storm Trooper Luke
3 X-Wing Luke
4 Medal Winner Luke (coming soon)
5 Hoth Luke
6 Bespin Luke
7 Jedi Luke (already done)

Of course if they really want to milk it they could make a Dagobah Luke (Bespin Luke with his jacket off), or a New Hand Luke (dressed in that hospital robe at the end of Empire). With this being the second year with the second version of Luke, then maybe Sideshow is planning one a year with different versions of Han(5 versions one already done), Leia(8 versions two already done), and a whole lot of aliens and side characters in between. With an estimation of ten figures per year no wonder we are getting Endor Soldiers, chess tables, Jabba creatures, and EU figures.

Dont forget Endor Luke. Sorry, what was the question again???

Baby Luke

cap0265.jpg

SnowSpeeder Luke with gun belt and jacket. His boots and gloves were different too.

I love the Yavin outfit. It's the only time Luke is neither the farmboy, nor a Jedi. It's the only time he looks like the prince he is by birth.

I think we'll see a Tatooine Luke at SDCC.

Personally I wouldn't mind a few Expanded Universe Lukes.

Splinter of the Mind's Eye was a pretty cool look for him. Plus it was the first fight with Vader.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Yavin Luke. I remember seeing some publicity still of Mark Hammil in that outfit sans the jacket and the look was pretty cool. Plus that's what he wore here and there in the Marvel comics prior to Empire.

Last edited:
galactiboy said:
Don't forget the Holiday Special Luke, with extra douchey hair!!!

luke1.jpg

That is awesome.

I know what my next custom project will be now!:lol

If Bacta Tank Luke was done well I'd get him. Of course I'd never take him out of there so many an Environmental piece would be more suited for that.

Luke has a limited run capabilty but with SSC not afraid to dip into Expanded Universe that run is a little longer than just the films. I'm sure they'll space out their Lukes after this year to keep anchors in the lines. Yavin Luke is a perfect Luke for Celebration IV IMHO, if only we could get Yavin Han and Leia as well. Everyone is assuming a Tatooine Luke this year as well but nothing is definite. Who knows when they'll dip back in for Endor Luke or when we'll get Bespin Luke or Dagobah Luke (I think they deserve separate releases)....I don't think we have to worry.

Back