How it's made: 1/6 Death Star hallway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 slots filled, three left. All PMS replied, please contact me if you haven't gotten your answer

By the way, I've been made a generous offer to build one of my construction kits for a local guy who can come pick it up so shipping wouldn't be a problem.

However, that has given me the idea to make a step-by-step instruction video. That should make building it as easy as something like an IKEA Detolf with the dioder lights. If you buy the prepainted version of the kit of course.

UPDATE: ONLY TWO SLOTS LEFT

One slot left. By the way, for those who ask yes worldwide shipping is available. I have already been designing A very cool custom sized double layer shipping box should withstand everything.

This piece is to big for me at the moment but I just want to applaud your efforts. It's a great looking piece and the fact that others can buy it makes it even more awesome! Great work! :clap

I've already updated the construction design to 2.0 to make it easier to build and with some cool LED decals for the walls and panels.

The way the 2.0 Design works shouldn't make it harder than the average IKEA furniture to put together especially if you buy the painted version, except you will be using glue instead of screws. But with the instruction manual and the video, you can see every step, how everything slides together and many parts should stay together even without glue.

This piece is to big for me at the moment but I just want to applaud your efforts. It's a great looking piece and the fact that others can buy it makes it even more awesome! Great work! :clap
Yep, too big for my space, too (and our exchange rate... ugh), but agreed it's awesome to see how well this is doing. Glad you were able to find an inventive way to make this dio affordable for so many boardies, Jazz! Continued success!

As a surprise for the first batch of orders, I've made these cool plates. Things are moving along nicely. The first batch of 4 have almost finished production, so they will be prepared for paint this weekend! As soon as I've taken delivery of the LED system parts, I'll be ready to shoot the video that shows the assembly. Might be fun to watch even if you didn't order a kit

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 18.21.15.jpg

So looking forward to this!

Me too! I cannot wait to see them all finished and displayed to see what everyone will do with it. Here are some more cool progress progress pictures I took today.

a47efdc14b6c86d9d850fca1d4e16655.jpg

10ab3edccaba9d6597132056dfcf9741.jpg

df6c7cce4fc798e6c95182ad9af817cf.jpg

92851085185a3bae5c4639527c9e2d42.jpg

1bdb44d064e69e2d83a050619096d48d.jpg
151ebbd39ac1f58f9f6920e2cd7c7fe0.jpg

Snap-in IEC connector, check. Quick connects, check and every known international power cord, check. Electronics made very simple now.

Had a good weekend. Lots of Death Star sets painted. Here's a sample. What do you think?
e7758a0a3113a210d3c1daa6e3ebbf1f.jpg

613f2e1234a88b3f7c247956aeeedbdd.jpg

Back