How it's made: 1/6 Death Star hallway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Joost! I just went with the video..and it worked pretty darned well..thanks for that!

One tip: Make sure your table is level. We had some issues discovering this too late, in addition to shipping mishandling shattering some corners and denting metal to prevent a flush fit. But all in all it worked out and I think I could have done better if I used a level before I started my work.

This diorama is so well made with precision. Just watch the video once before each phase. Watch one then again for assembly. Do a dry run before gluing to spot issues.

Here is a couple iPhone shots. I used lighting filters for the colors instead of the stickers...and added some pipes on the controls for a tiny bit more prop accuracy.

Thank you, so so very much for this, Joost. You really did an outstanding job that can't be overstated.

This is my sons Medicom Darth Vader...still waiting on my HT Vader and

3 here and another 2 there: 5 more dioramas on their way to their owners
f5fa7fc1c028540d95bf5bb252356b37.jpg

6feffaf40ca213c7041a9d5ac3e68873.jpg

I don't mean to worry you guys, but your order just got picked up by Skynet. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
758413bc926df75a88df89873556a99e.jpg

I got my first figure for the hallway. I ordered another Sandtrroper helmet for the Stormtrooper and I will remove weathering and possibly work on they eyes. But in going with this look of stunt helmet instead of the Hero helmets.

Edited:

Testing some new ideas. Thinking about tweaking a Marmit Sandtrooper into a Stormtrooper using HT parts.

I used alcohol to clean the helmet and it worked out pretty good, not a perfect match, but close enough.

HT Stormy with Sandtrooper lid.

Looks really good Will! That final shot, with the angle, makes it look very real! Until I recognized parts of my diorama, I thought I was looking at a movie still

Awesome. You know - the original "stunt" costumes had a slight difference in helmet color compared to the armor color so what you've got here is very accurate to the real costume. The "stunt" helmets were formed from HDPE plastic and were painted with a white paint that was not quite as white as the armor parts that were formed from white plastic and unpainted.

I used alcohol to clean the helmet and it worked out pretty good, not a perfect match, but close enough.

HT Stormy with Sandtrooper lid.

Thanks, gents. I'm still futzing trying to get the armor to my liking. I pieced this together and didn't buy the stormtrooper HT body but the TT slim variant/imitation. Works well...I'm padding the abs and cod piece. This is giving him a fuller look.

Still playing around with bodies and various combinations of armor. Here is a Marmit/HT hybrid: trying to go for this sort of look:

Hey Jazz, new to the customizing scene and was flawed when I saw your you tube video. Great work, which is further supported by all the freaks here that end up with realistic Death Star scenes that look like your original. I am very interested in securing one of these for my collection. I made a double detolf to at least get my Han, Chewie, Vader, stormtroopers and Ben in the same visual space. Now I have seen your solution I am excited to upgrade. I hope you still continue to make these pieces of pure art and after checking my financials I will be reaching out soon to see when you next have your other nine orders.

Again, beautiful work and thank you for sharing it with us newbie customizers and providing the option of buying one of these.

One and one sometimes make two :slap

Jazz - I didn't realise this project was by the same person that did THE BEST 1/6 Vader I've ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd read this when you first started but for some reason didn't come back to it until today. OMG!!!!! Amazing work!!!!!!!!!

Those shots of your customised Vader in your diorama are the most mind-blowing 1/6 combination I've ever seen!

I think I didn't keep up with it because I knew I would never be able to build one myself, but now seeing you're selling them is very, very tempting. You said internationally shipping was available - have you sent any to Australia?

Back