How fast is your internet speed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My desktop connection which is wired directly to the box (my other results came from a laptop with two routers inbetween)

2827900850.png

this is on firefox
really crappy, considering that im paying my cable company for 6mbs download speeds....nice..maybe it's time to downgrade my plan if im not getting what im supposed to be getting...lol...

same on FF...but with a different server..a bit better...

3rd server...

Last edited:

this is on firefox
really crappy, considering that im paying my cable company for 6mbs download speeds....nice..maybe it's time to downgrade my plan if im not getting what im supposed to be getting...lol...

same on FF...but with a different server..a bit better...

3rd server...

Dude you should be getting internet for free if it's that slow. That would blow my mind if I could only get that speed.

more like it..i reset my modem and router..this is how it should be..still wish it was a bit better..but to upgrade to 12mbps, its a lot more...already paying like 45 bucks a month for the crappy service that we get..lol..

sucky thing is, we are kinda stuck with this service..since we live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, it's the only provider..no dish or cox or direct tv...sucks...lol...and im not switching back to dsl, had that before through at&t...hated it...lol

thats about what it started at..but since the cable com. has a monopoly on this town, we are kinda stuck..lol..we pay about 90 bucks a month for that and cable tv...we could get a bundle for about 100 a month, dvr, 'net and tv with more channels, but then our dl speed would go back to about 1mbps...so that would suck even more...

2838654597.png

and i don't have the quantum service which is supposed to be a cut above. faster than 74% of the population isn't bad.

$152 month for internet, 2 phone land lines with all the extra features like 3 way calling, caller ID, call forwarding, answering machine, etc., and HD TV service on two TVs with about 500 channels and tons of free on demand stuff. great feature if you can't be home at a specific time for your show without having to DVR it.

Last edited:
I pay about $50 for mine and it's their fastest speed I can get. I can switch to Road Runner but my brother has it and it's slow as molasses.

I laugh at some of the complaints about internet connections here.

Come to Australia our connections are the internet equivalent of two tin cans and a piece of string :lol.

Back