How do you want your Hobbits?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idea's for hobbit maquettes.

Frodo & Sam - full fellowship attire
F & S - Worn down Mordor scenes (ragged clothes etc)
F & S - Sam supporting Frodo in some way (which sums up Sam's character)

Merry & Pippin - full Fellowship attire
M & P - Rohan & Gondor attire
M & P - Scoffing & drinking in the ruins of Isengard
M & P - with Treebeard ( I love this one, but based on Treebeard being 14 feet high I think the statue would be a round 28 to 30 inches with the base)

& not forgetting Bilbo
Bilbo - smoking with writing desk & red book of Westmarch
B - Old Bilbo in Rivendell
Bilbo with walking stick going off to an adventure

Any other thoughts?

Mine in red. :)

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Pippin and Merry at the ruins in Isengard sitting on a wall just having a pipe in one hand and a glass of ale on the other. That would be iconic.

As for Frodo & Sam . . .there's not much left where they're together that would be iconic. I wouldn't want to see them in Orc disguises.

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Pippin and Merry at the ruins in Isengard sitting on a wall just having a pipe in one hand and a glass of ale on the other. That would be iconic.

As for Frodo & Sam . . .there's not much left where they're together that would be iconic. I wouldn't want to see them in Orc disguises.

Something like this for Merry and Pippin then Radagaster :)

merpip-cut.gif
Eaglemoss figure

And something not like this for Frodo and Sam :wink1:

frodo_sam_asorcs.gif
Eaglemoss figure

:duff
Bill

According to Sideshow, the maquette line is NOT scene specific, I think FrodoEyes alluded to this already. The maquettes are designed to present the essence of each character...so with that in mind:

Frodo and Sam should be something that Sams undying loyalty to Frodo as well as their true companionship (Orc Disguises, Journey through the marshes, Leaving Hobbiton, or even in Rivendell)

Merry and Pippin should show their fun-loving, prankster attitudes toward life...something daring, but fun (like the fireworks cart, sitting on the wall of Isengard, or standing on the table singing and dancing)

Bilbo...EASY...he was always after adventure...so him with his backpack and walking stick would be PERFECT!

I don't want Frodo and Sam in disguise. I would rather they'd be in their hobbit attire.

Merry and Pippin smoking some Nice weed! :)

Just Joking! Rohan and Gondor outfits for them would be great. For Sam and Frodo just give me Lorien outfit.

Merry and Pippin
- I would love to see them in their Rohan and Gondorian garb respectively, but hopefully in more in line with their heroism at the Black Gate, and less like their struggles on Pelennor Fields. Hobbits are already a tough sell, and upping the "action" posing might help.

Sam and Frodo
- I would actually like to see something from after they leave Lorien, but before they get too bedraggled and worn. Something before they enter Shelob's lair maybe?

I hope that their more hobbit-y outfits are reserved for the possible premium format figures!

According to Sideshow, the maquette line is NOT scene specific, I think FrodoEyes alluded to this already. The maquettes are designed to present the essence of each character...so with that in mind:

Frodo and Sam should be something that Sams undying loyalty to Frodo as well as their true companionship (Orc Disguises, Journey through the marshes, Leaving Hobbiton, or even in Rivendell)

Merry and Pippin should show their fun-loving, prankster attitudes toward life...something daring, but fun (like the fireworks cart, sitting on the wall of Isengard, or standing on the table singing and dancing)

Bilbo...EASY...he was always after adventure...so him with his backpack and walking stick would be PERFECT!

No, what SS [Tom Gilliand] said was that much of what SS had done with the LOTR licence so far was scene specific or very tied into a particular frame of film, instead of looking at the character outside of what the film paints....aka the character's essence. Certainly the emphasis so far has been more on the essence of the character, but nowhere did SS discount the notion of scene specific maquettes, as clearly illustrated by the Boromir maquette.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=541&key=license&val=The Lord of the Rings

capturadepantalla201002j.png

LOTR_TheTwoTowers_3020.jpg

Last edited:
I think the best appearance for Frodo and Sam would be in the final scenes of FotR, when Frodo's selfless decision to journey to Mordor alone is foiled by Sam's insistence on accompanying him. Those sequences show both characters at their best, imo.

LOTR_Fell087_FrodoSam.jpg

For Merry and Pippen, something based on the scene where they're triumphantly smoking in the ruins of Isengard.

Certainly the emphasis so far has been more on the essence of the character, but nowhere did SS discount the notion of scene specific maquettes, as clearly illustrated by the Boromir maquette.

I see your point, and concede...but still think that Frodo and Sam should be less scene specific and more depicting their considerable friendship and loyalty. Merry/Pippin should certainly display their playfulness...or nack for getting into trouble!

I see your point, and concede...but still think that Frodo and Sam should be less scene specific and more depicting their considerable friendship and loyalty. Merry/Pippin should certainly display their playfulness...or nack for getting into trouble!

Oh I agree, while a few maquettes have been location specific [Legolas/Helm's Deep and Gimli/Moria] only Boromir is scene specific and given SS's trend so far I fully expect a Sam and Frodo maquette to have much more emphasis on the essence of the two....and given the friendship and loyalty they share that would be a perfect way of depicting them. I'm just not sure SS is going to want to portray them [ or Merry and Pippin for that matter] in Shire attire this time around as we already know that's exactly how they'll all be portrayed in PF. :dunno

I would love to see all four of them in the attire from Elessars coronation. At least Frodo and Sam would be nice and then we could have Merry and Pippin setting on that piece of rock wall from the start of the EE of ROTK. I know both at very scene specific but those options are ones I'd love to see.

Back