How do you want your Hobbits?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matner77

Super Freak
Reaction score
Idea's for hobbit maquettes.

Frodo & Sam - full fellowship attire
F & S - Worn down Mordor scenes (ragged clothes etc)
F & S - Sam supporting Frodo in some way (which sums up Sam's character)

Merry & Pippin - full Fellowship attire
M & P - Rohan & Gondor attire
M & P - Scoffing & drinking in the ruins of Isengard
M & P - with Treebeard ( I love this one, but based on Treebeard being 14 feet high I think the statue would be a round 28 to 30 inches with the base)

& not forgetting Bilbo
Bilbo - smoking with writing desk & red book of Westmarch
B - Old Bilbo in Rivendell

Any other thoughts?

Idea's for hobbit maquettes.

Frodo & Sam - full fellowship attire
F & S - Worn down Mordor scenes (ragged clothes etc)F & S - Sam supporting Frodo in some way (which sums up Sam's character)

Merry & Pippin - full Fellowship attire
M & P - Rohan & Gondor attireM & P - Scoffing & drinking in the ruins of Isengard
M & P - with Treebeard ( I love this one, but based on Treebeard being 14 feet high I think the statue would be a round 28 to 30 inches with the base)

& not forgetting Bilbo
Bilbo - smoking with writing desk & red book of Westmarch
B - Old Bilbo in Rivendell

Any other thoughts?

We already know the Hobbit PF's will be Fellowship-related so I'd prefer something different with the maquettes. Frodo/Sam trekking through Mordor [but not with Sam supporting Frodo...we already have a dio. that covers that], and Merry/Pippin wearing their alternate Gondor and Rohan outfits based on the battle at the Black Gates works great for me. As for Bilbo, anything Shire-related is fine. :)

:lol :lol

I wouldn't mind seeing them in their getup from the end of ROTK where Elessar is crowned.

If I were a maquette collector and hobbits were done in anything other than Fellowship attire, I think I would lose my mind. :panic: :lol

I hate to break this to you Frank, but fact you do not collect SS's LOTR maquettes is an indication you have already lost your mind. :cuckoo: To quote the old Chinese proverb......"You cannot lose that which you have already lost" :lecture

Thanks Guys, I'm surprised that nobody beat me to that one. :lol

In regards to the Hobbits, I think I would prefer Frodo & Sam in their regular Shire-wear w/Lothlorien cloaks and a Rohan Merry & Gondorian Pippin.

That's OK, you've probably younger and smarter than Frank and I. :lol

I hate to break this to you Frank, but fact you do not collect SS's LOTR maquettes is an indication you have already lost your mind. :cuckoo: To quote the old Chinese proverb......"You cannot lose that which you have already lost" :lecture

Not lost, just on hiatus. :thud: :lol

Not lost, just on hiatus. :thud: :lol

Ahhh, the old temporary insanity defense. :lol Considering the maquette lines been up and running for 9 month's now and you're still not onboard you might have some trouble convincing a jury of that....:lecture :lol

f & s orc disguise please
pippin gondor protecting gandalf pose
merry in rohan armour probably to go with morgul lord and eowyn display
these would be great

Ideally I would like them in pairs, and around the $200 mark, the latter which is definitely not going to happen. I just don't want to see the pairs push $300

This should be a poll! :lecture

Ideally I would like them in pairs, and around the $200 mark, the latter which is definitely not going to happen. I just don't want to see the pairs push $300

This should be a poll! :lecture

There's a 100% chance we will see the Hobbits paired up...and I think there's also a 100% chance they'll be somewhere in the $300 range. :(

I've always wanted a Treebeard with Merry and Pippin diorama, and hope Sideshow or Weta will one day have the guts to do one. It doesn't have to be massive, about Morgul Lord from the SSW line sized, otherwise i'll just have to stick with this version: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0006FUEGO

As Merry was in Fellowship attire and Pippin in his Gondorian stuff from the SSW line i'd like that reversed here, but as it seems like they're gonna be together i'd like them to be in their armour because i want a Merry in Rohan armour statue, but i'd be fine with them singing and dancing on a table in the Green Dragon!

As for Frodo and Sam, i'd like them on their journey to Mordor. Ideally with Gollum guiding them.

But we all know Sideshow will do them any way them damn well please! :lol

I've always wanted a Treebeard with Merry and Pippin diorama, and hope Sideshow or Weta will one day have the guts to do one. It doesn't have to be massive, about Morgul Lord from the SSW line sized, otherwise i'll just have to stick with this version: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0006FUEGO

Alot of us have wanted SS to do this, and some have even mentioned it to them on numerous occasions.....:monkey2

As Merry was in Fellowship attire and Pippin in his Gondorian stuff from the SSW line i'd like that reversed here, but as it seems like they're gonna be together i'd like them to be in their armour because i want a Merry in Rohan armour statue, but i'd be fine with them singing and dancing on a table in the Green Dragon!

As for Frodo and Sam, i'd like them on their journey to Mordor. Ideally with Gollum guiding them.

But we all know Sideshow will do them any way them damn well please! :lol

I was thinking the same thing, but realized that just wasn't going to work with the two of them paired up ala diorama format. It took me awhile to figure out how SS could pull off armoured versions of Merry and Pippin without having Merry lying there half dead, then I remembered the Black Gates scene. :)

Back