How do yo manage your collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy only what I like. Though I've made a couple "impulse" purchases that I should've stayed away from.

Gruson should be along any minute to say the exact opposite...:lol

Honestly, I try to stick to a plan. Here are some of the rules I try to live and collect by. :)

-Don't be a completeist, buy only the things that you can't live without, and when things get too crowded for your liking or you lose touch with something- sell it to someone who will appreciate it more.

-IF you are buying something because everyone else is then I consider that a bad financial move and a personal collecting mistake. You will probably regret it.

-Don't just buy things that look cool either, save money and space by buying things you can relate to or have nostalgia about.

- Try to stick with a few companies not all of them.

- Try to think about your purchase for a couple of days if possible and then come back to them. We often buy things on impulse and upon arrival we can't find a place to put them and then have to pay the price later on.

- Don't buy more than one statue of the same character. I am guilty of this one though. I have several Hulk statues and three Spidermans in my collection. However, if you can follow his rule then you will cut down quite a bit on licenses like Marvel. Choose your favorite and let the rest go. :)

My #1 rule is quality over quantity! I like a manicured display. I pick and choose which very few items make the cut. Avoids the clutter and looks great.

Words to live by. This is the exactly philosophy I follow when it comes to collecting.

Back