Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's next? A limited edition Hot Toys Charles Xavier in a cereal box?

Hot Toys is really changing the game!
I just can't see them giving away 5 of this figure and not doing an official release. How the hell would that even work? Let's give away 5 of a figure from a line everyone is clamoring about and then never sell it as an official figure. Not happening.

I have no idea what to make of this limited release ****...seriously, what the hell. The Avengers Mark VI was something already released though, in that we got a Mark VI anyway and only the Tony Stark head sculpt (which was in the mark IV anyway) was the thing not in the previous Mark VI. We don't have any DOPF Wolverine period, the costume and possibly sculpt are entirely brand new.

I just can't see them giving away 5 of this figure and not doing an official release. How the hell would that even work? Let's give away 5 of a figure from a line everyone is clamoring about and then never sell it as an official figure. Not happening.

the production costs would be retarted if they were only doing 5... even if they were all done in house by hand it still seems like wasted effort on their part

its more likely that they are simply giving away 5 figures in a draw. Like any normal contest its simply a chance at a free figure. its a ****ing dvd for crying out loud, the odds of the winners even being HT's collectors is insanely low

I'm going to bed now. Having missed all of whatever has gone on here can someone summarise it so I can read up tomorrow? Cheers!

Didn't HT do that already with a figure a while back? I remember they made a figure that wasn't release in the US and it was a limited run, but I can't remember what it was. Also, there's really no X Men line, because a line of X men figures implies multiple characters from a film series and so far, the Xmen "line" is just Wolverine :lol There's a Wolverine line, but I wouldn't call that an Xmen line, but that's just me.

Maybe...I know I saw a HT figure that wasn't available, but they made a few and sold them I think. Did the Rose Hill Stark have something to do with Milk magazine?
RH Tony was a Milk Magazine Exclusive. Was sold through some international vendors. It's stupid to think that HT would create ONLY 5 New Wolverine figures and then call it a day. Not to mention this is being done through a DVD purchase. The photo shown looks like it's from their usual photo shoot. We'll get the official announcement for this figure sooner or later.

RH Tony was a Milk Magazine Exclusive. Was sold through some international vendors. It's stupid to think that HT would create ONLY 5 New Wolverine figures and then call it a day. Not to mention this is being done through a DVD purchase. The photo shown looks like it's from their usual photo shoot. We'll get the official announcement for this figure sooner or later.

I don't know anything about 5 figures, not sure where that number came from, but a limited run is possible, but I doubt it since Wolverine seems to be a popular character.

Skipped on the first 2 Wolvies to wait for a definitive one. Also excited about those 2 villains from TDK. I hope they also re-release Leonidas with the 300: ROTE figure/s.

This could be the best Wolverine figure so far :yess:

I might finally get a Wolverine figure, but as nice as that is, I'm still waiting for an X1 Logan, which, imo, it's the definitive look of the character.

YheO1c2.jpg

Dude, I'm going to be angry as hell if they only make 5 of the DOFP Future Wolverine!:mad:

Out of all them, that's the one I want the most, with the X1 Civilian version being the next.

I really hope they also come out with a Fassbender DOFP Magneto from the final battle, too. That outfit(And Fassbender himself) was badass!

I can't believe we are discussing hair but I think we have been lucky with hair. It could have been worse.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412163906.254769.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412163918.345344.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412163927.182978.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412163936.850798.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412163948.423128.jpg

So they are using the release of the blue ray to promote their new figure makes sense since they never had a had a formal announcement Luke they did for all the other movies.

Keep in mind they are planning to release first class figures as per the interview with Howard Chan just might take a little longer since they have to go deal directly with the actor instead of the typical studio stepping in

Well, this would be a means of selling some DVDs I guess. And we see companies giving away $50-100,000 all the time as part of promotions. The more I think about it, I can see it happening, even though I think HT would be making a mistake not making this a traditional release. Assuming the production version didn't look bad, I could see it being the most popular Wolverine figure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back