Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't believe it...
ironmantoy452012.jpeg

Why would HT go through the trouble to design an entirely new outfit
===>
Snake Eyes figure
+
Blue/yellow shirt
+
TW head
+
XIII palms

That doesn't seem like something HT would do unless Marvel paid them to do so
X-meh movies are not licensed by Marvel, they are 20CF property.

I can't speak or read Japanese, and I don't doubt there is a drawing for 5 winners, BUT i'll be shocked if it actually says there will only be 5 ever made and that it's not an official release. If I had to guess, i'd say it's just an assumption.

ironmantoy452012.jpeg

===>

X-meh movies are not licensed by Marvel, they are 20CF property.

I really don't give a **** who it's licensed to, you know what I meant... also, only 16 pieces for that Iron Man? I've seen it on ebay and I call BS on that... unless that picture is of some off the wall variant from MMS171, in which case would be pointless.

Oh man, the FC/DOFP curse. If this is another prototype that never sees the light of day....

But that just seems crazy. They clearly like making and releasing Wolverine figures. Why limit his coolest incarnation from the best movie?

Oh man, the FC/DOFP curse. If this is another prototype that never sees the light of day....

But that just seems crazy. They clearly like making and releasing Wolverine figures. Why limit his coolest incarnation from the best movie?

Seriously, regardless of how simple it would be to kit-bash a SCREEN ACCURATE future wolverine (which wouldn't have grey hair)... I don't see FOX spending that kind of money on such a stupid idea, and any amount of money fox WOULD pay to them to make this a giveaway exclusive of 5 probably wouldn't be much, both parties would likely make more money releasing it en masse.

I really don't give a **** who it's licensed to, you know what I meant... also, only 16 pieces for that Iron Man? I've seen it on ebay and I call BS on that... unless that picture is of some off the wall variant from MMS171, in which case would be pointless.
That figure is just like the other Mark VI's released, except he comes with the Mech Test Stark head, a new base, and fewer extras. It was released in those numbers, though, and does prove that HT will release something with an insanely small edition size. What is hard for me to believe is that they would release 5 of something without it being based on another, mass produced figure (like that Iron Man). Unless each one was custom made, at the very least they would have to set up a factory production process using molds and fabric patterns from other figures. And that would be pricey. But it's possible.

Intersting... I did notice the head was different, but I just figured it was an early pic placeholder... either way, that's a lame exclusive because it's not screen accurate.

my guess is this exact version will only be for the lottery draw, then they'll make another very similar version for the wide release. They may reuse old parts to make this special draw version, but the actual MMS will have a new original headsculpt so in general we should be getting the better version.

--

It is 16 pcs worldwide. The one you are referring too is the Avengers Promo Version that was sold on Sideshow at 3000 pcs. The 16 pc has an exclusive base and also came with a light up Avengers logo necklace. There's someone on FB that owns 3 of them. :cuckoo:

28450d1340244744-hot-toys-releases-limited-edition-avengers-vip-gift-set-img_1588.jpg

Honestly, I don't believe it... Why would HT go through the trouble to design an entirely new outfit (and possibly new head) only make 5 just to give them away? That doesn't seem like something HT would do unless Marvel paid them a **** ton of money to do so, which would also be incredibly pointless... It's probably just an early release drawing.

To rustle some jimmies.

It's a meh design anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back