Hot Toys - X-Men Days of Future Past?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Days of Future Past Wolverine coming soon?

They made Electro and Rhino, but no Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, etc.

Pretty safe to assume it's a licensing issue b/c if there's any company who knows how to print money, it's Hot Toys.

If this leads to other xmen I'm in.

They made Electro and Rhino, but no Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, etc.

Pretty safe to assume it's a licensing issue b/c if there's any company who knows how to print money, it's Hot Toys.

I know Marvel was cutting off any X-Men-movie toys because of FOX, I'm guessing they also have a say in what Hot Toys can put out?

They should come out with a 70s version Wolverine, didn't like his future outfit at all.

I'm in! And if there's a chance that by buying this figure they will make more X-Men figures then of course I'm going to support it!

Surprised it's on their agenda, considering they are late to the game, and the other recent Wolvie figures had trouble selling. Not sure if I will get this or not, as much as I love that movie, as the suit doesn't blow me away. And as many others have pointed out, he didn't have much action in that costume. C'mon, Fassbender Magneto!

All future Wolvie did was step out of the Blackbird and went to sleep on a table. Oh, and slash Kitty too, I guess that was his action scene.

Wolverine is probably my second favorite comic character, and was my favorite as a kid. And my favorite look of his is the comic version with the brown costume. Which makes me really sad when the only HT figures I want of him are his wearing civilian attire. Movie "combat" costumes for the X-movies have pretty much failed across the board IMO (exception being those great flight suits from First Class). This may be the best he had, but that isn't saying much.

Hot Toys: ♪ Ooooh Mister Jaaaaackman ♫

Hugh Jackman: :yess: Cha-CHING!! :woo

:lol

:lol

Hot Toys: "Hey Jackman, want us to make another figure of you?"

Jackman: "Come and get me boys."

0.jpg

A member of OSR posted this photo on Facebook, and I thought it was worth sharing. It certainly seems legitimate:

10646917_10153687229822588_8574277589304198872_n.jpg
Great another black tactical suit HT figure.

What about 70s Logan - FFS. :gah:

The 70's outfit is cool but for a figure I definitely prefer the movie poster look and metal claws.

640px-Wolverine_Days_of_FUture_Past.jpg

Seems weird that they would advertise a HT figure on the cover of a DVD case?

I'm really happy to see this!! At least we're getting something from the movie. It doesn't hurt that it's Wolverine's best look from the whole franchise so far.
I wish we could have seen this suit in action more than we did.

Well I hope it's legit. I'm excited for Wolverine! But that's probably the only figure we would get from this awesome movie sadly. :(
I would be ecstatic if they made Magneto or Kitty. Those are only wishes of a fool. But damn, always wanted this Wolverine to be my first. And by thunder he will be.

Seems weird that they would advertise a HT figure on the cover of a DVD case?
Because it's for a giveaway. The slip states they're only giving away 5 of them. I doubt they'll only giveaway 5 and then never announce or officially sell the figure past this giveaway. Shame that this is his future attire and not the 70's version.

I'm really happy to see this!! At least we're getting something from the movie. It doesn't hurt that it's Wolverine's best look from the whole franchise so far.
I wish we could have seen this suit in action more than we did.

Yep, that's how I look at it. Finally HT is giving us a figure from:

1. A good X-Men movie
2. Wolverine's best "costumed" look

Yep, that's how I look at it. Finally HT is giving us a figure from:

1. A good X-Men movie
2. Wolverine's best "costumed" look
I'm realizing that you're right about the quality of movies the Wolvie figures have been drawn from so far. Bad (Origins, X3) to average (the Wolverine). They avoided the good movies to focus on the lame ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back