Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like Avatar. Teased us with an awesome unpainted Proto then nothing. Surly HT wouldn't be so mean to show us something so cool & then not release it? ;)

the only thing we've got to go on was the interview with Howard a while back where he said that they made a prototype, but then canceled the project because it was going to cost too much to be profitable.

they MIGHT change their mind. They might find a way to make it affordable.

They might not.

the only official word we have received on Iron Monger is it's not coming.

5656d1246463472-die_thread_die.jpg

Just to clarify, Was the interview before or after the event where they showed that prototype to the public?

the only thing we've got to go on was the interview with Howard a while back where he said that they made a prototype, but then canceled the project because it was going to cost too much to be profitable.

they MIGHT change their mind. They might find a way to make it affordable.

They might not.

the only official word we have received on Iron Monger is it's not coming.

Before. Even then, it's the ONLY official statement that has been made about the monger.

I think the fact that the monger prototype was unpainted FURTHER emphasizes this.

In addition, it wouldn't be the first time we have been shown prototypes of hot toys figures that got canceled.

Off the top of my heaD
Flying dutchman jack sparrow
A nameless Predator variant ( Wheeee)
Rorschach

To clarify, I'd love to be wrong. It would give me hope for the Alien Queen that was suppose to go with the power loader that never materialized. I'd love to see it from an engineering standpoint as well.
i just don't think it will.

Before. Even then, it's the ONLY official statement that has been made about the monger.

I think the fact that the monger prototype was unpainted FURTHER emphasizes this.

In addition, it wouldn't be the first time we have been shown prototypes of hot toys figures that got canceled.

Off the top of my heaD
Flying dutchman jack sparrow
A nameless Predator variant ( Wheeee)
Rorschach

To clarify, I'd love to be wrong. It would give me hope for the Alien Queen that was suppose to go with the power loader that never materialized. I'd love to see it from an engineering standpoint as well.
i just don't think it will.

Those were never shown at a toy convention though. I still say this is coming. It's already been years since the movie, no reason to rush it out now. The fans who will buy will buy even if it comes out in 2015.

I'd like to take this moment to inform you all that I hate you all the same for bumping this thread. I don't discriminate regardless of age, sex, religious beliefs or ethnicity :D

Those were never shown at a toy convention though. I still say this is coming. It's already been years since the movie, no reason to rush it out now. The fans who will buy will buy even if it comes out in 2015.

Hot toys has only shown the monger at THEIR 10 year anniversary con, that they held themselves. that was the FIRST time they had done anything like that. as such, I'd say it doesn't count.

Well, if they are as fast as me, we will have the Monger in production for their 20th anniversary, so... :monkey1

... Hum, sorry guys! :monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back