Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope HT does continue to do this project and provide us with some info soon. This is a must have for my collection.

Agreed! Just last night I was digging through the old threads discussing Iron Monger and I can't believe he hasn't been done already. When HT or SSC finally makes it available it's going to sell like hot cakes! :wink1:

I think that the result of this project will be very important in the future for make (or not) a Hulk figure!

I don't see how the two are related. Iron Monger will be built similar to the Iron Man figures one would logically assume, hard plastic with light up functionalities. A Hulk on the other hand would need fabric, "skin" technology of some sort, a specialized TrueType (according to The Incredible Hulk, he is 10 feet tall), sculpting, all of the basics of a figure just in a larger scale. Iron Monger would need none of that unless they did an Obi to go with or inside of it and that would just be standard 1/6 scale.

I would say those waiting on a 1/6 Hulk should look to Avatar figures as a precursor. They would require everything Hulk would on a similar scale.

I think he was referring to the hulkbuster. And that both could potentially benefit from the same underlying structural design

:borg:

I think he was referring to the hulkbuster. And that both could potentially benefit from the same underlying structural design

:borg:

Speaking of Hulkbuster, isn't it a bit odd that SSC opted to do a Hulklbuster CQ & bust and hasn't done an Iron Monger yet? :monkey1

Yeah always wanted to know who makes these life altering decisions in each of these companies :D I need to stalk and befriend them :lol

Yeah always wanted to know who makes these life altering decisions in each of these companies :D I need to stalk and befriend them :lol

:lol

I think that SSC may have done an iron Monger mask or prop replica mask, but I was referring to a head to toe piece.

Time to start the SSC petition! :monkey4

Anyone else excited about seeing this at SDCC?

;)

Crimson Viper is Hot Toys. Cammy is my wallet. This is what will happen with an Iron Monger at SDCC.

ovary_punch.gif

(Yeah I used that joke before but I like the gif.)

that figure looks awesome, but as stated earlier it's a custom, really hope hot toys comes around to doing this figure soon!

Instead of Monger we need a Hot Toys GUMBEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

gumby2.jpg

:nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back