Hot Toys working on an Iron Monger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
while i doubt we'll see an Iron monger...

I'm still holding out hope for an iron mongler

pic related.

Cockmongler.jpg

Hey boot, he was talking about the 89 batman, not the monger.

Over there he was talking about the 89 Bats, sure. But in here, he was obviously giving us a hint that the Monger was on tap for SDCC as well. Consider the facts, Watson...

1. Gru posted randomly, not in response to an existing conversation.
2. He posted after he established in the Batman thread that he "*might* know" a source.
3. He ended his post with a winky face, fer Chrissake. Why make a winky face unless you're being sly?

...I stand by my :yess:, good sir! :monkey1

Over there he was talking about the 89 Bats, sure. But in here, he was obviously giving us a hint that the Monger was on tap for SDCC as well. Consider the facts, Watson...

1. Gru posted randomly, not in response to an existing conversation.
2. He posted after he established in the Batman thread that he "*might* know" a source.
3. He ended his post with a winky face, fer Chrissake. Why make a winky face unless you're being sly?

...I stand by my :yess:, good sir! :monkey1

:dunno
I'd like to be wrong. Not that i could afford the mongler, but It would be cool to see.

I can't imagine Iron Monger won't be made. Iron Man is a cash cow for them. It might just take a while. Maybe some time in the next two years.

I can't imagine Iron Monger won't be made. Iron Man is a cash cow for them. It might just take a while. Maybe some time in the next two years.

oh, they WANT to do it. JC hong has come right out and said that himself. it's more a question of profitability.

thing of it this way, it's a HUGE piece, that's a 1-off. it would probably e in the 300-400 dollar range, and the least time they did a piece like that ( the tumbler) they LOST money on it. therein lies the hurdle.

Then let them charge $500 for it. I'll certainly buy it no matter what the price is. I want the Monger.

Then let them charge $500 for it. I'll certainly buy it no matter what the price is. I want the Monger.

You're in the minority here. I highly doubt they would be able to make an actual profit off a figure they charge that much for.

All of the armored IM figures have a ton of engineering put into them. I'm sure they are still working on the construction and material selection for this figure in order to be able to release it at a reasonable price. Perhaps it won't have as many bells and whistles as the other IM armored figures, like several hands and flaps that open all over the place, but that would be fine with me.

You're in the minority here. I highly doubt they would be able to make an actual profit off a figure they charge that much for.

Sorry...? You doubt they'd make a profit if they sold an Iron Monger at $500? How do you figure that exactly?

i have a question about this. IF SDCC comes and goes with NO mention of this piece , can we finally put this thread to rest?

Holy Crap 8000th post.

I'm starting to hate seeing this thread bumped every time I visit the Marvel section with absolutely no news :monkey4

Come on people haven't you realized the trend on this board? If specs were actually announced there'd be two different threads that sprung up "official" with the pics. Until then it's just banter.

This thread shall never die!!!! (just look at the HT Supes - I thought those people were crazy!)

This is like Avatar. Teased us with an awesome unpainted Proto then nothing. Surly HT wouldn't be so mean to show us something so cool & then not release it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back