Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Wonder Woman, but I just don’t see how some are calling this a definitive version. It’s just some reused parts from other versions. it’s a great looking figure, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see how it’s worth $400 or more compared to the other versions.
I do love the armor color, I think it’s the best out of all of them.
It's retooled a bit though. The corset armor is flexible, which is a great added touch. The accessories are all reused, but the headsculpt is actually slightly different from the Golden Armor version. Most of the cost is due to her exclusivity- it also helps that it's the best looking version of her on the market, so people are willing to pay a more premium price.

It's retooled a bit though. The corset armor is flexible, which is a great added touch. The accessories are all reused, but the headsculpt is actually slightly different from the Golden Armor version. Most of the cost is due to her exclusivity- it also helps that it's the best looking version of her on the market, so people are willing to pay a more premium price.
Are there any side by sides with this head and the golden armor head?
And I don’t know about the flexible armor, of course hot toys does that for a limited release 🤬🤣

Are there any side by sides with this head and the golden armor head?
And I don’t know about the flexible armor, of course hot toys does that for a limited release 🤬🤣
I haven't seen any side be side comparisons of the sculpts, but I think I'll do one when mine comes in on Thursday.

Wanted to share this post from Reddit, these shots look incredible! Re-ignited my excitement for this figure even if I will always have the looming cloud of InArt over my head.

Fantastic poses. Kinda sad that I missed out on this as I love Gal's WW and only have the Justice League one (bleck!).

Really hoping that InArt *DO* make one in the future. This makes me jealous in the mean time.

I think its mostly the "limited release" that people are so up-and-up about it. I own the GA WW and didnt think there was anything tangible in the sculpt in this version for HT to charge that much, besides the "limited release" aspect of it.

I think its mostly the "limited release" that people are so up-and-up about it. I own the GA WW and didnt think there was anything tangible in the sculpt in this version for HT to charge that much, besides the "limited release" aspect of it.
That and the wool hair. Time will tell how much of an upgrade that really is.

I’m just
That and the wool hair. Time will tell how much of an upgrade that really is.
yeah, the hair. It seems to hold its shape better, but that can be done by anyone with hair products. So this wool hair and their other hair, whatever it was, just looks the same to me.

I love Wonder Woman, but I just don’t see how some are calling this a definitive version. It’s just some reused parts from other versions. it’s a great looking figure, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see how it’s worth $400 or more compared to the other versions.
I do love the armor color, I think it’s the best out of all of them.
I agree with you for the most part, but I would also like to see a side-by-side comparison.

Yes the hair is different but to me the sculpts on the WB version and the GA version look the same. However, it looks to me like the WB sculpt is a little larger (appropriately) than the GA version.

Finally, I don't think I can really say if the WB version is worth $400, I think questions like that are completely subjective.

Having the JL sculpt and new 100 sculpt, the hair is quality and how it can be tamed is an improvement. They combined the best of all releases and made a definitive version. Add the limited-edition aspect and it's a pricier figure. Anything lower edition will cost more with HT. Is it worth that when you have the GA version? That's subjective. However having the JL and this one, I would say it's worth the extra money. I would expect anything now in the Artisan line will be $400, this is that because of what's been said. If you can swallow the Artisan line cost, It's understandable why it's a higher price. Shame this doesn't have SERS like the other Artisan figs do. But I have Joker and Ani on order, didn't try to get Scarlet Witch.

That's because the JL set such a low bar...
The GA is miles better in the sculpt and likeness dept.
Hell, even the training armor
I’ll die on my hill of saying the training armor head was the only good attempt at Gal’s likeness.
IMG_6557.jpeg

IMG_6556.jpeg

And here is the JL (this is the comic concept head, but it’s the same as JL but with different hair and tiara color, I don’t have a outdoor picture of the normal JL head)
IMG_6553.jpeg

And here is the Golden armor head (which looks the same as the WB 100 head to me, until someone does a side by side)
IMG_6560.jpeg

IMG_6561.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6557.jpeg
    IMG_6557.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6556.jpeg
    IMG_6556.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 0
I’ll die on my hill of saying the training armor head was the only good attempt at Gal’s likeness.
View attachment 670801
View attachment 670802
And here is the JL (this is the comic concept head, but it’s the same as JL but with different hair and tiara color, I don’t have a outdoor picture of the normal JL head)
View attachment 670803
And here is the Golden armor head (which looks the same as the WB 100 head to me, until someone does a side by side)
View attachment 670804
View attachment 670805
Yeah, the training sculpt was really good. I'm not sure why HT regressed with later sculpts..

Yeah, the training sculpt was really good. I'm not sure why HT regressed with later sculpts..
I’ll give them a bit of credit, at least they gave us new sculpts with new figures, unlike Cavill Superman. But for once I wish they did give us the same sculpt at least one more time, with her normal armor look.

Ya'll crazy.

This sculpt/GA is better than anything they've done before. Angle and lighting affects things.

The hair is also a clear improvement. I dunno how anyone can think the hairwork on these look the same?

View attachment 670837
Absolutely. The past sculpts only had a passing resemblance to Gal. I've yet to see even a custom sculpt that looked as good as the GA/WB100 version.

Back