1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On that note.. I have 3 or 4 more to build and all orders will be filled.. Goal is to wrap those up over the next week along with all outstanding Indy gear.. after that I will have to stop commissions for a bit to focus on all the home repairs I need to accomplish in order to sell my house.. (moving - but on a positive note the new place will have a large dedicated workshop room - whereas all these years I have literally worked out of a corner in my bonus room about the size of a closet !... hoping the new space will help with productivity and efficiency as I have had such a cluttered workspace all these years)

Thanks for the update & best of luck with the home repairs.

Is the WW figure on a taller female body? Hot Toys is notorious for making their female figures and bodies short.

$19.50 to ship this compared to $10.00 for BvS version:lol

One more PO to go and i'm done with SS.:wave

Is the WW figure on a taller female body? Hot Toys is notorious for making their female figures and bodies short.

I'd say exactly the same height. She might look taller from some angles because of how the hair is sculpted but at the shoulders they are identical.

The new sculpt is definitely better but I still think the old one isn't bad at all. Just the doll hair that cheapens it somewhat. I gave her the god killer sword and shield right away and display the new figure with her bow and arrow.

ww112.jpg

I wish they had made a Trevor fig to go with her. I feel like this head sculpt is the best WW one available thus far, but she wouldn't fit as well with other JL figures on the same shelf. And I'm a bit OCD about that.

I'd say exactly the same height. She might look taller from some angles because of how the hair is sculpted but at the shoulders they are identical.

The new sculpt is definitely better but I still think the old one isn't bad at all. Just the doll hair that cheapens it somewhat. I gave her the god killer sword and shield right away and display the new figure with her bow and arrow.

View attachment 422852

As great as the TA WW looks, the BvS figure actually doesn’t look out of place next to it. Both look very good in that image.

Yeah if I can get ahold of the new JL head for my BvS figure I'll use it, but if not I'll be perfectly content with my current one. It's never looked that bad to me, and I like the more exotic look it has.

As great as the TA WW looks, the BvS figure actually doesn’t look out of place next to it. Both look very good in that image.

She more than holds her own with the new figure, I think they compliment each other well. :)

The new sword and shield are an improvement I feel. While still plastic the god killer just seems a little more realistic with better detailing.

Picking this up in just a couple of hours.....just been delivered apparently. Really excited for this one.

I sold on the BVS figure as I really am not a fan of that headsculpt at all, but I have got my hand hovering over the "buy" button for the Justice League version to replace her and seeing this figure in person will be the deciding factor.

It's the rooted hair that really kills it for me, so the Training Armour version looks to be the ideal.

I love this figure so much that I might try to buy a parted out body, headsculpt and Godkiller sword and throw on the blue dress from the Barbie figure to create this figure:

540AA182-4892-4BB8-B071-369805CAE889.jpeg

Everything Gal wears in these movies looks great ! Just watched BvS again last night. Also stunning !

Blue dress could be interesting. It's certainly be a unique piece ! Hairstyle fits too.

Everything Gal wears in these movies looks great ! Just watched BvS again last night. Also stunning !

Blue dress could be interesting. It's certainly be a unique piece ! Hairstyle fits too.

Blue dress with the sword tucked in the back would be an instant purchase for me. That was so impractical, but so cool. :lol

Well this shows as being out for delivery today for me. Should have it in hand, posed, and in the detolf by the end of the day if that’s true or if the UPS driver doesn’t get lazy after seeing it requires a signature, and just says that nobody answered so that way they can go home early.

After rewatching the training sequence, I’m liking her poses simply with the sword. These are the two that stuck out to me:

1. 3D5B900B-E0FE-49F6-A170-166D498C959D.jpg

With her head turned to the side a bit in literally the next frame:

8454650B-C4FB-47EF-8694-372CD99C424E.jpg

2. CADD1CC3-6B70-43C2-8B54-0FB4C839ED90.jpg

I love this figure so much that I might try to buy a parted out body, headsculpt and Godkiller sword and throw on the blue dress from the Barbie figure to create this figure:

View attachment 423398

I've actually had a similar plan in mind! :1-1: I don't really want the TA figure in particular, but I have been thinking of picking one up for the shield/sword for my JL version and then selling off the rest (or just get the parted out versions online). However, I've been thinking I might also keep the head/body to kitbash the blue dress look. It's a visually appealing look, but it's my third favorite outfit from the solo movie (after the hero costume and the London suit with hat/glasses), so I'm undecided on making that my second WW figure (I generally don't double dip on characters).

I think the Barbie dress will require some tailoring to fit the HT body, but keep us posted if you do go forward with this!

So I had a chance to unbox this today and pose it after receiving it yesterday. Gotta say, it’s an absolute stunner of a figure. The sculpt to me is 100% Gal at any angle, at least as pretty close as you can get in 1/6 scale. I truly think this may very well be the best female figure HT has done.

My only real gripe is I wish the arms are able to go down at her sides just a little bit further, but it seems many seamless bodies suffer from that. The BvS WW is like that also, as well as a few Thor figures. The left peg on mine also seems to sit in the socket a little loosely, more so than the right, but the gauntlet seems to help lock it in place.

I’m using the Ahch-To diorama base that came with TFA Luke Skywalker, and I think this figure really pops on it. I was saving it for TLJ Luke, but I may have to pick up a spare one so that way I can use one for both.

B3D26C5B-A21C-4C80-94C4-1EDD11C6740E.jpg
BCEC9256-991B-4063-8A02-E9DE0252BA06.jpg
18534180-3C92-4505-B3C9-16F942B06A0D.jpg

So I had a chance to unbox this today and pose it after receiving it yesterday. Gotta say, it’s an absolute stunner of a figure. The sculpt to me is 100% Gal at any angle, at least as pretty close as you can get in 1/6 scale. I truly think this may very well be the best female figure HT has done.

My only real gripe is I wish the arms are able to go down at her sides just a little bit further, but it seems many seamless bodies suffer from that. The BvS WW is like that also, as well as a few Thor figures. The left peg on mine also seems to sit in the socket a little loosely, more so than the right, but the gauntlet seems to help lock it in place.

I’m using the Ahch-To diorama base that came with TFA Luke Skywalker, and I think this figure really pops on it. I was saving it for TLJ Luke, but I may have to pick up a spare one so that way I can use one for both.

View attachment 423498
View attachment 423499
View attachment 423500

Is it the same body?..will you have creases if posed extreme :dunno

I can’t tell if it’s the same body or not. I want to say no, it feels slightly a bit sturdier than the BvS one (which felt pretty sturdy to me as well), but I could be wrong. I don’t put any of my seamless figures in overly dynamic poses regardless, just to be on the safe side.

I can’t tell if it’s the same body or not. I want to say no, it feels slightly a bit sturdier than the BvS one (which felt pretty sturdy to me as well), but I could be wrong. I don’t put any of my seamless figures in overly dynamic poses regardless, just to be on the safe side.

Did you get from SSC or Asia

Back