1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man - this figure is truly a beauty. I think the rooted hair really takes away from this sculpt. Prefer the WW outfit over TA but torn.

Man - this figure is truly a beauty. I think the rooted hair really takes away from this sculpt. Prefer the WW outfit over TA but torn.

You could always pick the sculpt when it's parted out on a site like Toy Anxiety and use it with the JL WW figure.

For those waiting on the training lasso from me... just a quick update.. Had someone send me a close-up, but fuzzy screenshot of the carrying loop.. turns out it did not have a snap style closure but rather a stud that protrudes through the strap.. Thus a magnetic closure would be inaccurate...I am building more correctly styled loops today and all orders will be shipped Monday.. looking forward to seeing these on your customs posted on the board.. Thanks for your patience.. but if I can't build them right in terms of accuracy I can't deliver the way I prefer.

You could always pick the sculpt when it's parted out on a site like Toy Anxiety and use it with the JL WW figure.

That’s what I’m planning on doing, but I need to see the JL sculpt in hand first to determine if I want to go there

For those waiting on the training lasso from me... just a quick update.. Had someone send me a close-up, but fuzzy screenshot of the carrying loop.. turns out it did not have a snap style closure but rather a stud that protrudes through the strap.. Thus a magnetic closure would be inaccurate...I am building more correctly styled loops today and all orders will be shipped Monday.. looking forward to seeing these on your customs posted on the board.. Thanks for your patience.. but if I can't build them right in terms of accuracy I can't deliver the way I prefer.

Good to know you care about accuracy and taking care of the product Fish :hi5:

Just been billed for mine with KG Hobby, hopefully have the figure in hand sometime next week. Can't wait after seeing all the amazing pics on this thread.

Just been billed for mine with KG Hobby, hopefully have the figure in hand sometime next week. Can't wait after seeing all the amazing pics on this thread.

I really, realllly want this..but I just have a feeling that the JL version is just around the corner, ready to sneak up on us this month. So I need to set aside the funds for that because I got too many damn things on preorder from HT

Hi there! Are you still taking orders on these?

I got the Sideshow email. She should be shipping around the 17th!

Mine has just been dispatched from China (Loonentoys), so should be here in the next few days. Can't wait for this one......after selling BVS Wonder Woman (it's still hurting a little), I have a 12 inch Gal shaped hole in my life......and in my opinion this is the Wonder Woman figure to have!

Hey guys.... man what a week... so I already advised that I went back and redid the hip loop to hang WW's training lasso... After finding some very fuzzy screenstills it turns out the loop she hangs the lasso from is a rough leather with what appears to be a leather round stud that protrudes through the loop similar to the stud brass stud on an old flap holster... So as I was rebuilding these over the last week or so I had the lovely experience of LIGHTNING striking the roof of my house !!! Thank goodness it did not burn down !! But it blew the siding off my chimney and even blew the flood lights OUT of their socket at the roof corner... Inside the house I have lost a good 50% of my outlets (including the entirety of my workshop - which cannot be repaired until Wednesday... groan) So I had a set back of sorts BUT I just moved operations into my garage for the meantime.. the first batch will go out tomorrow...

Now.... take note of the attachment loop below... you will note that the portion ABOVE the stud appears long... that part is meant to be run up underneath her belt at the point on her waist where the leather triangle piece is located.. that belt is very tightly fit against her body so by running this up underneath it would hold tight to her body.. I intentionally made that part longer than necessary so that you may trim it down as needed as you experiment with hanging it on your figure.. I do not actually own this figure so test fitting was not possible... I hope that makes sense !

Lasso
IMG_9478.jpg

Lasso with loop.. portion pointing to top of image above stud is the part which will run up underneath her belt
IMG_9479.jpg

Image showing the way the loop with close around the lasso.. There is a coordinating hole punched in the strap which the stud will protrude through just as in the film..
IMG_9480.jpg

Ive made Indy gear for years and never had issues with the gear.. and am very well acquainted with how the screen used gear was made.. This gave me some fits and I am still somewhat insecure about them... but from what I can gather from the screen grabs these should appear screen accurate... I genuinely hope those who purchased them will be satisfied.

On that note.. I have 3 or 4 more to build and all orders will be filled.. Goal is to wrap those up over the next week along with all outstanding Indy gear.. after that I will have to stop commissions for a bit to focus on all the home repairs I need to accomplish in order to sell my house.. (moving - but on a positive note the new place will have a large dedicated workshop room - whereas all these years I have literally worked out of a corner in my bonus room about the size of a closet !... hoping the new space will help with productivity and efficiency as I have had such a cluttered workspace all these years)

Back