1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is Hot Toys is trying to cut back as much as they can to make this figure affordable . They invested heavy in a new sculpt and new body but kept old original cast like the base and weapons to save . I don't know who owns the rights of the predator franchise but I make a bet the license rights are very costly to Hot toys .

Could be. I'd always thought these licenses didn't get as many sales as the Disney ones, so HT cut corners where they could to keep production costs down. Having that said, they still managed to pull off a grail figure here. I'm buying not only because I want it, but because I want to help shoe that demand is indeed still high for these classic licenses.

To the reused base: I was miffed about it until I asked myself if I'd rather have the default MMS stand. To me, that's an even easier route for them to have taken. For someone who doesn't own the original figure (though I did own that base back in the day), a diorama piece of any kind improves the overall package so I'm glad it's there.

And hey, maybe they'll offer a new paint app. Chirrut's base is from the original Predator figure, but was repainted to look more like beach than jungle.

Last edited:
New shot from Secret Base. Body shape looks perfect here.

FB_IMG_1505925391560.jpg

Lololo This looks really great guys !! Wow ! Love the head sculpt!! [emoji120]❤️. I pray that the release version holds up to this . I'm afraid because the AVP elder predator production version didn't hold a candle to the prototype if I'm not mistaken .

Oh wow, that figure has such a monstrous presence! However, if I'm not mistaken, isn't the handle for the plasma pistol backward?

Looks like it is. I didn't even notice he has a separate pistol. Thought you could just disconnect the canons.

Hrmm. Hope there's a way to remove both of them, then I could buy a second pistol off eBay for dual-wielding.

Agreed. I've always hated gimmick bases mostly across the board. The only one I liked was the Samurai Predator's.

Curious if anyone knows the “fictional” reason to why the netting is only covering the body and one arm as opposed to other Predators with full coverage. Is there a reason?

Man does this look like a beast. It's going to be hard to resist this Predator since it's my favorite look of him.

Back