1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The placement of the bicep veins is reminiscent of the seams that were on the original's arms.

From Tsangs instagram

IMG_8583.JPG

https://instagram.com/p/BZMNdyFlNtl/

Definitely addressed the angle of the mandibles. The mouth part just needs to be bigger and a bit wider. Steps forward though, thanks Tsang.

Here's a comparison between the v1 face sculpt shown versus my tweaked Photoshop, and Tweaked photoshop (v1) versus updated sculpt.
TWEAKED.jpg
IMG_20170919_010656.jpg

It's so nearly there, I hope Tsang & HT can push it to perfection.

I think the downward tilt of the head in that photo doesn't do the mandible proportions justice. In the previous shot, they looked fine.

Even still, brother;
IMG_20170919_015500.jpg

I think ADI made/used at least two heads for the film - a stunt one that's similar to the initially displayed 2.0 prototype. There's definitely more pics of this version, from the behind the scenes stuff etc. Which makes me wonder whether it wasn't used as a reference by HT.

And then there's the hero head, which has the noticeably bigger, wider, more protruding mouth and mandibles. Unfortunately, most pics of it are from stills from the near-pitchblack movie. Sideshow based their busts on this head, I suspect (although slightly overrated, it's still a better source than the stunt mask).

4342130-wolf.jpg

Respectfully, the head's tilted down more in that suit photo. Either that or it's slightly too large to be in proportion with the headsculpt on the left. The upper 'lip' and bottom of the brow don't quite match between the images.

At this point, an argument could be made for a difference in pose...

avp3-article-07.jpg

...but not much else IMHO.

Man those new photos of the reworked head are great. I'm honestly okay with where we are at now with accuracy. It's leagues better than what we were offered years ago.

Yup. Pack it ship it. I'm ready

Have we talked about the torso yet? It looks new. It's got that sinewy muscle look rather than the cut abs we usually see on Preds.

The torso could do with being a bit slimmer, but I wonder if they had him sculpt a slightly bulkier build to allow for parts reuse (or to at least keep the measurements for the net suit the same as they've always been).

At least he doesn't look bobble-headed like the original. This is as much of a home run as I've ever seen from HT's Predator line.

Hope they find a way for the dreads to hang straight down and add more dreads at the back so it doesn't look like Wolf is balding.

Hope they find a way for the dreads to hang straight down and add more dreads at the back so it doesn't look like Wolf is balding.

I would concur with that. Uhhh, they won't though. Many past Predators have had this issue - the super Predators come to mind - don't think they view it as something that needs to be addressed.

Back