1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks sleepy but everything else seems great.

21557674_10154880884292344_1993581386075284904_n.jpg

21616100_10154880884492344_7680690245950219765_n.jpg

21558909_10154880884472344_1710546510157708655_n.jpg

21752173_10154880884162344_515443859756816903_n.jpg

21752851_10154880884627344_7305487005311675296_o.jpg

21753220_10154880884392344_5915872238033823643_o.jpg

Instant PO! Cancelled Ripley for this instead! I was hoping HT would at least update the dio base.

Chopper should be next!

I just noticed it's titled with "Heavy Weaponry", does that mean they will release another version in the future?

The "Heavy Weaponry" does indeed make you wonder whether there'll be multiple versions released... This one is great as is, and I'm glad Tsang & team listened to our concerns. The slightly short legs, too wide torso (though it does look elongated, which is great), and lack of an open hand notwithstanding, all I can say, really, is:
RHxg1.gif

Yeah the heavy weaponry title has me interested as well, maybe there will be a final battle version from the end of the film? Either way this is thw olf pred i have been waiting yrs for, i'm sold.

I find it hard to believe that they'll do another version, even as a convention exclusive. What could it possibly be? Thinking the "heavy weaponry" title is simply a way to justify the 2.0 and differentiate it from the original Wolf and Cleaner releases. Or marketing trickery. Not that it's necessary.

Beyond thrilled with this. I only hope he can dual-wield the plasma pistols, but it's an insta-buy either way. Absolutely killer package, overall.

And hey, the lack of netting on the legs means we can finally get some decent squats going!

Wishing HT update the Predalien too without using any rubber please. Maybe Wolf will have a 2 pack with the Predalien with fewer accessories and titled "light weaponry". :D

No changeable mandibles this go around?
i desperately looked for a reason not to purchase it, as my predator shelf is already overcrowded, and i think i found one.
then again - two of three rodrigators there don't have faces at all...

I just noticed it's titled with "Heavy Weaponry", does that mean they will release another version in the future?
two shoulder guns, backpack, no functional whip. the beginning of the movie except for the pistol (unless it is not a separate piece but can be assembled from an included handle and one of shouder cannons).
i imagine "light weaponry" as zero shoulder guns, no backpack and a working whip. and a broken mask. and a reworked predalien in a 2-pack, like mentioned above, because it would be the only reason to hope for selling both variants.
unless another additional item would be a power glove.

Huge disappointment.

Only 2 pairs of hands?
No closed mandibles?
No LED light for the mask?
No second mask with inner detailing?
No separate laser traps?
Reused crappy base from almost 10 years ago???

Heavy weaponry my ass!
I bet he's gonna cost $300, if not more, and everyone will eat it up.

Ill never get why people use the bio mask lighting up as a selling point for the figure. Its stupid. You are sacrificing the aesthetic of the figure by giving the bio mask a black wire on the side where there is no wire in the movie, to lead to a thick back piece that houses batteries with white connecting ports. All for the sake of an LED nobody uses outside when they first open the toy to take show-off pictures. It made the Predators figures look especially dumb as they in the movie didnt have any wires at all, and like 75% of them had faulty LED which killed the value of the figures on the secondary market as the connections were busted.

Ill never get why people use the bio mask lighting up as a selling point for the figure.
It's not that big of a selling point but still. Figure looks much cooler with it on your shelf, more alive.
And again, they can just throw in separate mask with LED and wires for optional display. BOOM! Everyone happy.

It's no worse than buyin' die cast figures for twice the price... then find out only 25% of the figure is actually die cast, and a cheap one at that.

It made the Predators figures look especially dumb as they in the movie didnt have any wires at all
erm....
1) P1, P2, AVPators and Strausator had hoses that can easily be used as wires for LEDs. only Rodrigators lost those hoses (as the main villain takes his mask off and puts it back without any need to detach the hoses).
2)
as they in the movie didnt have any wires at all

W6rRjBH.jpg

PtjIbnD.jpg

:dunno

All main Predators had a pair of hoses for breathing (in layman's terms).
New HT Pred figs had LED wires masked as these hoses.

i desperately looked for a reason not to purchase it, as my predator shelf is already overcrowded, and i think i found one.
then again - two of three rodrigators there don't have faces at all...

Yeah, kind of disappointing. When I do museum poses I liked to have closed mandibles, because it looks kind of funny having him standing there all calm with open mandibles...Like he's just yelling uncontrollably :lol

Huge disappointment.

Only 2 pairs of hands?
No closed mandibles?
No LED light for the mask?
No second mask with inner detailing?
No separate laser traps?
Reused crappy base from almost 10 years ago???

Heavy weaponry my ass!
I bet he's gonna cost $300, if not more, and everyone will eat it up.

Agreed. No alternate mandibles ****ing blows. And reusing the base just shows how easily HT double dips old ****.

My guess is Hot Toys is trying to cut back as much as they can to make this figure affordable . They invested heavy in a new sculpt and new body but kept old original cast like the base and weapons to save . I don't know who owns the rights of the predator franchise but I make a bet the license rights are very costly to Hot toys .The sad thing is that this is probably going to be $250 easy and where taking a cutback . To be honest , I could care less about the LED light because I never use mine . It would have been nice if they went completely over the top with this figure . Maybe they'll release a battle damaged one as well .

Back