1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha!
I was thinking the same regarding the crackers!!!
If this eventually releases I'd want a Chirps,Logray,Teebo,Paploo at the very least.
Throw in Teek later ��

I would say there is next to zero chance we see any more Ewoks beyond Wicket. He's the only "distinctive" Ewok who emerges as an actual character - all the rest, despite their different Kenner names, and a few costume and fur differences, all kind of blend together. That being said, I hope this is a huge seller and I would buy them all.

I really want this now after seeing it. Wicket is the most exciting thing at SDCC.....yep! Would love a two pack with Leia.

My main concern is (other than it never going to PO, or going to PO in two years) is that this fig has a high probability of going bad as a production figure, just the way Chewy did.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the prod fig Chewies got worse, not better, over V.1, V.2 and V.3. Fur is okay to get right on a proto, but production is a whole other story.

Fully flocked Wicket?

uu9pmDP.gif

That is the saddest statement for this show.

But a true statement. Aside from the battle damaged MK 85 the absolute garbage Marvel figures being made is simply appalling. Easily the worst SDCC I recall paying attention to.

My main concern is (other than it never going to PO, or going to PO in two years) is that this fig has a high probability of going bad as a production figure, just the way Chewy did.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the prod fig Chewies got worse, not better, over V.1, V.2 and V.3. Fur is okay to get right on a proto, but production is a whole other story.

I'm very concerned about this going up for pre-order too. Really want to see it go up right away. I'll start nitpicking at QC once I can buy the furry little bastard :lecture

What a letdown! Wicket wins for me, but big deal. A $200 fur ball. Padme has potential, but this sdcc was major middle finger to Star Wars collectors. They know what we wanted and we got none of it except padme, which doesn’t look great, but hopefully will be awesome. Marvel fans have a lot to look forward to this year. I know, they haven’t shown all of the sequel figures, but for people who don’t care for the sequels, we don’t have much.

. They know what we wanted and we got none of it except padme, which doesn’t look great, but hopefully will be awesome.

That's the thing. Do they really know what fans want ?

Or going even further, do they even care what fans actually want ?

It's all about what they think will sell in high numbers. No idea where Kit Fisto fits into that equation. So it's all a bit of a crap shoot for OT Star Wars if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting. Because an Ewok on its own... that just isn't in HT's price preference... unless there's Chief Chirpa or someone else?

Just watch them sell him as a single with "special diorama base” (taken from RotJ Luke I believe). For $245

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A definite YES. When HT produced the fully-furred ANH Chewie, I immediately thought they would apply the same technique to producing a fully-furred ewok.
It looks ...good. Hopefully will get tuned in production.
And yes...a Leia/Wicket two pack please featuring a big log for them to sit on and Leia with a removable helmet.

This will sell like hot cakes.

Am I the only one who would not be surprised to see a Chief Wicket in Ep IX? They are visiting Endor and that Death Star wreckage, right?
A chance for HT to double-dip.

Geez, is this place always so... bitter? I’m convinced this place just hates everything :lol

Best SDCC for Star Wars fans who aren’t just OT purists :lol

Figure looks amazing here. I just wonder if this is something they could duplicate for production, since we all remember how great the Chewie proto looked compared to the final figure....

67225796_121567842453729_5764266923537727488_n.jpg

Yeah, looks terrific there.

I do think this one is a little easier to deliver as a prod fig than Chewy because this is really more a hard plastic face sculpt ringed by fur whereas Chewy had the fat moustache and cheeks all as fur. This has a tiny moustache that isn't as "shaped" as Chewy and ringed fur around a hard plastic face is doable even on cheaper figs.

Back