Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just placed pre-order for the normal version, love Pedro Pascal so that's a must buy for me, don't give a crap about those shiny chrome armor and whether its going to be faded in million years whatsoever.

Yeah, my thing was more getting a head sculpt and the thigh plate - head sculpt especially. V2 seems pretty shiny to me, in hand, I've got no complaints it's an awesome set. I'll be happy to get the chrome, too - not worried about the paint either; my shiny arm Winter Soldiers are holding up great, and guessing it's the same kind of paint.

It’s unfortunate they didn’t plan ahead with the Star Wars bases. They could’ve made a modular base type that could be swapped out with different environments and biomes.

Instead we get the same sand base with the same footprints for desert, forest, jungle, snow, and salt along with a the floor panel base (which I prefer) or the Death Star grates (which I miss) or the hept/hexagonal bases, at times with little consistency. And sometimes with cheap printed toppers.

I dont get why Tython Boba gets a brand spankin' new base and yet Mando is still trudging around in that same sandbox. As much money as HT is raking in from these figures, you'd think we'd get a few more bases. Look, I will settle for a new floor from Gideon's cruiser, I dont care - just lets see something different!

My Cap Phasma's chrome paint is fine - no issues whatsoever after all these years.
Looking at the promo picture the chrome paint is not as reflective as Phasma's, obviously its gunmetal just bit shinier than V1.

Can't wait to have him in hand, he's loooking awesome.

Last edited:
My Cap Phasma's chrome paint is fine - no issues whatsoever after all these years.
Looking at the promo picture the chrome paint is not as reflective as Phasma's, obviously its gunmetal just bit shinier than V1.

Can't wait to have him in hand, he's loooking awesome.
My Phasma is fine as well, though they specify that she's chrome painted and not chrome plated. But Hot Toys could be using the same method of painting, just with different word usage.

Before folks panic, they have to realize that not everyone out there in the world takes care of their high end figures as well as they might. For some people, these are just "toys" and they treat them as such.

Some people leave them out to collect dust and pet hair. Some people leave them out where the sun hits them. Some of these people live in extremely humid and hot tropical climates and don't run an AC or dehumidifier.

And usually it's people with fewer sensibilities that take to social media to complain the loudest.

I'm happy with the current Deluxe set and picked up a custom painted beskar spear for $17 and custom painted thigh and knee armor off esty for $30. The portrait is nice but something I will never uses and I already own 7 Boba's so the armor pieces aren't very appealing to me.

I was able to snag a preorder at Timewalker for the Deluxe. Yes it's way too expensive, but it's one of those 'I need it' releases, especially with the head sculpt. I think that's practically perfect. I think it can even work on the Transport Trooper for that scene too.

My version suits me perfectly
Instagram @Guillaume_customs

F7CFA85B-A481-451F-BBB3-457DBAF3B59D.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder if we can display the v2 Mando with the Grogu sling bag + the jetpack attached? I guess I might just have to futz with it when I have it in hand.

Also I just realized how reflective his beskar armor is in the show, I didn't pay much attention until I compared with HT's v2 beskar promo pics.

1624942306552.png

Well done to HT on the chrome paint upgrade! excited!

Last edited:
It’s unfortunate they didn’t plan ahead with the Star Wars bases. They could’ve made a modular base type that could be swapped out with different environments and biomes.

Instead we get the same sand base with the same footprints for desert, forest, jungle, snow, and salt along with a the floor panel base (which I prefer) or the Death Star grates (which I miss) or the hept/hexagonal bases, at times with little consistency. And sometimes with cheap printed toppers.
Just wait for it to be used as Kamino ocean or Bespin sky.

Yeah. I guess it does keep prices down. But it wouldn't be hard for them to make one that is slightly different.

Presumably so, and the current sand base would be improved it they remove the foot tracks IMO (Also, that particular rectangular base with the sand on top reminds me of a slice of cake :lol )

A stand base on the final battle ship wouldn’t be that bad.

Yes Yes!!!

Yeah that'd be great but, alas. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I notice that the SW figures are the ones that consistently include diorama bases compared to the other properties.

I dont get why Tython Boba gets a brand spankin' new base and yet Mando is still trudging around in that same sandbox. As much money as HT is raking in from these figures, you'd think we'd get a few more bases. Look, I will settle for a new floor from Gideon's cruiser, I dont care - just lets see something different!

I gotta admit, sometimes I want to buy a full figure just for the base, such as this TM BF, but then I rethink it over haha

Just wait for it to be used as Kamino ocean or Bespin sky.
Paint it blue for Kamino ocean. Footprints for ripples in the waves I guess. Orange with white clouded for Bespin Sky.

You joke, but they’ll find an absurd use like that for that stand in the future. :lol

Yeah that'd be great but, alas. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I notice that the SW figures are the ones that consistently include diorama bases compared to the other properties.

I gotta admit, sometimes I want to buy a full figure just for the base, such as this TM BF, but then I rethink it over haha
You are correct. They do use those kinds of bases for Star Wars most frequently. Most other properties seem to get the small hexagonal base or larger rectangular one with a logo on it.

I wouldn’t really call them diorama bases though. More like… environmental base? Diorama makes them seem more substantive than what they really are. :lol

I’m probably just jaded because I hate those stands. I feel like having the same humanoid footprints in the sand for IG-11 crossed some kind of line though, haha.

You seem to really like interesting stands. You could always get something from Cocoboloboy here.

DC figures always have large and redundant bases, I wonder if it's to compensate for the lack of DC figures.

Paint it blue for Kamino ocean. Footprints for ripples in the waves I guess. Orange with white clouded for Bespin Sky.

You joke, but they’ll find an absurd use like that for that stand in the future. :lol

You are correct. They do use those kinds of bases for Star Wars most frequently. Most other properties seem to get the small hexagonal base or larger rectangular one with a logo on it.

I wouldn’t really call them diorama bases though. More like… environmental base? Diorama makes them seem more substantive than what they really are. :lol

I’m probably just jaded because I hate those stands. I feel like having the same humanoid footprints in the sand for IG-11 crossed some kind of line though, haha.

You seem to really like interesting stands. You could always get something from Cocoboloboy here.

Agree haha, these base stands feel like environmental bases as you mention. I think true dioramas are like the IM gantry, HOA, etc.

Yeah I'm a big fan of dios/more detailed stand bases, as I think it gives more immersion to the figures. They make it feel like having a literal slice of the movie, show, etc. before you. I've been able to find parted out bases periodically, recently nabbed a HT Predator figure mud/rock stand and a Stormriders fire base. Cocoboloboy's stands are great!

Back