Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look how long it took for them to do an avenger loki 2.0- ya its same cash grab thing but atleast those who bought the original had both the chance to enjoy for many years (exclusivity) and opportunity to sell if for big bucks if they wanted to.

With mando they did the 2.0 before the 1.0 even sold out like not even half a year since it started shipping. Total ******* slap in face and cash grab. People who bought 1.0 had exclusivity for just a few month and now cant sell it for **** even if they wanted to

Ha, well you raise an interesting point but this is really apples and oranges. We were incredibly lucky to get version 1 Loki in the first place. YOu know HT and villains! And the interesting thing about him is, THE ORIGINAL SCULPT HAS YET TO BE MATCHED. Yes you can buy other versions now - but version 1 is the Loki king.

You never know when you'll run up on this issue again, and so thats why when I want something, I buy it. The next one may be better! OR, as poor Loki found out, the next versions might not be as good. I have little use for affable, smiling Loki.

If you want headsculpt Mando, this is the version you buy because who knows if we will get another one!

I do not ever resell - and so resale value isnt a thing I worry about. These things are not investments. YOU WILL NOT EVER GET LASTING EXCLUSIVITY.

Unless you're version 1 Loki. He still da king of my Marvel/DC shelf.

The V1 paint they’re using on the 1/4 is the reason I stayed away from it. I had no problem with on the 1/6 but was always hoping this figure would happen. Watch HT will drop the end of season 2 chrome Mando 1/4 6 months after release of the V1.

I am with you Shizzoid, the clean cape is something I don’t like on the V1.
Awesome pic Auel

Calling it now- there are going to be nitpicks about the "atrocious" hair seam on the final production version. It looks like the front piece with the curls is a separate piece (I doubt they can mold that together with the rest of the head sculpt).

I think the front piece being separate is awesome - it adds dimensionality to the sculpt. No changing it!

I do not ever resell - and so resale value isnt a thing I worry about. These things are not investments. YOU WILL NOT EVER GET LASTING EXCLUSIVITY.

Well said, the only time I resell stuffs is the time I need funds to fund other items that I really want. There are people out there who pre-order stuffs and sell their pre-order slots at the current market rate. Which I really don't get it.

just placed pre-order for the normal version, love Pedro Pascal so that's a must buy for me, don't give a crap about those shiny chrome armor and whether its going to be faded in million years whatsoever.

As ridiculous as the prices are now, it wasn't far off that of the Hong Kong sellers so I ordered the Deluxe locally.

I'm still waiting for my season 1 deluxe. I've seen a lot of pics where the armour looks dull but your 0ic shows what decent lighting can do for this figure.

It's actually quite dull. Just need to get the light to bounce at the right areas. I actually prefer this coat of paint rather than having my face bouncing off Mando :ROFLMAO:

Mando2.jpg

I moved mine so the ceiling LEDs were reflecting off the armour, so when I open the door and turn the lights on parts of him are really gleaming silver, while others are gunmetal.

When I took a photo with the camera flash, the flash absorbed some of shine and actually made him appear duller.

I remember my initial reaction when I received him and took him out of his box: he looked so drab and grey after the warm tones of the first release.

All he needed was the right lighting to bring him to life.

Color adjustments are a definitely must if you want to post photos online, sometimes photos from phones don't do a figure justice.

Lens distortion, types of lighting etc affects a lot.

:lol Yeah I can see why some would be bothered with HT reusing the same sand base ad nauseam. A 'new'/show specific diorama base would be cool though.
Yeah. I guess it does keep prices down. But it wouldn't be hard for them to make one that is slightly different.

Back