Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2a5eee9c97827a9755641c3b0a06d761.jpg

I was looking at pictures from the new Echo Base and....

attachment.php

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some leg extenders. She's gonna be awkwardly short next to Din.

attachment.php

Katee's about 4 3/4" shorter than Pedro, which translates to 0.8" in 1/6. Plus, as DarkChocobi just noted, she's not wearing her helmet.

If the heights stated in the specs for both figures are accurate, then they'll look fine together.

She's not, though.
Look at the pic. She's right next to him. Just higher up.

Looks like HT recognized the difference and stuck her on a little base to heighten her. I can certainly do the same thing, I suppose. That sculpt makes me ponder displaying her like that, helmet in hand. I NEVER thought I'd consider that sculpt for display. Figure looks really great.

The should just make the figure 1/6 scale of 5'11" like the character is. Katee is shorter than the character (about 5'6), just like Temeura Morrisson is shorter than than Jango/Boba/Clones (5'9 vs 6'0).

shes not wearing her helmet, which is evidently factored in height difference between the two.

Even without the helmet she should be taller than that.

Look at how tall they made her look in this promo photo. It's about the same height as in the screenshot chrisstruthers posted:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 3.40.17 PM.jpg

I had wondered if that^ was accurate, especially after seeing how tiny a lot of my female HT figures look next to my og Mando. She looks like she's going to be on par height-wise with Black Widow or Jyn Erso.

shorty.jpg

I was looking at pictures from the new Echo Base and....

View attachment 509754

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some leg extenders. She's gonna be awkwardly short next to Din.

View attachment 509755

How hard is it to make a bigger female body, or at least just the damn legs to make them not so tiny?

I absolutely hate how Hot Toys uses those little platforms to pose figure too. Like with Yoda and Dooku they did that all the time to give Yoda the height to be above him. Just give him a damn longer stand arm! Is that hard? Unless you're shipping it with the platform, just display it like any one would.

Katee's about 4 3/4" shorter than Pedro, which translates to 0.8" in 1/6. Plus, as DarkChocobi just noted, she's not wearing her helmet.

If the heights stated in the specs for both figures are accurate, then they'll look fine together.

Actor height does not necessarily match up to the height of the characters they portray so it's not a good metric to go by. There's all sorts of things factored in like lifts, camera angles, platforms, crates to stand on, etc.

RDJ is significantly shorter than Tony Stark.

Likewise, Bo-Katan on screen appears a bit taller than Sackhoff is.

Actor height does not necessarily match up to the height of the characters they portray so it's not a good metric to go by. There's all sorts of things factored in like lifts, camera angles, platforms, crates to stand on, etc.

RDJ is significantly shorter than Tony Stark.

Likewise, Bo-Katan on screen appears a bit taller than Sackhoff is.

She was probably standing on a box for the close ups to frame the shots better, but at other times she doesn't look much different to me than the figure in relation to Mando. i.e., looking at the top of her shoulder armour in relation to Mando in the screen shot vs. the edited figure display photo.

51018003690_e4e72c2846_o.jpg

I would rather HT made her match Katee's height, since it's a figure of Katee as much as it is Bo-Katan, and it wouldn't be difficult to add a bit of height to the figure if necessary.

She was probably standing on a box for the close ups to frame the shots better, but at other times she doesn't look much different to me than the figure in relation to Mando. i.e., looking at the top of her shoulder armour in relation to Mando in the screen shot vs. the edited figure display photo.

51018003690_e4e72c2846_o.jpg

I would rather HT made her match Katee's height, since it's a figure of Katee as much as it is Bo-Katan, and it wouldn't be difficult to add a bit of height to the figure if necessary.

I feel the opposite personally, they should be matching the characters height.

I generally prefer actor heights, unless it's a special case where a character height is much more appropriate.

In this circumstance I don't have any prior affinity with the character. I know her from The Clone Wars, but didn't find those episodes very interesting. In fact there were probably relatively few episodes I found interesting, and most of the time I was impressed more by the visuals than the story itself.

I like the look of the character, and I like Katee, hence I'd prefer a 'Katee scaled' rendition. I understand the appeal of a taller version, of course.

Yep, absolutely. This is a figure of Bo-Katan. Though portrayed by Katee Sackhoff (who I also like a lot), it is intended as a representation of the character seen on screen first and should be accurate to the character.

That applies to any other figure as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would prefer the listed Bo Katan height of 5’9” but I’m also a realist and I wasn’t expecting anything other than Hot Toys using their same old female body.

It really sucks it’s 2021 and Hot Toys still only has one female body they use for everything.

Yeah, I would prefer the listed Bo Katan height of 5?9? but I?m also a realist and I wasn?t expecting anything other than Hot Toys using their same old female body.

It really sucks it?s 2021 and Hot Toys still only has one female body they use for everything.

She is 5ft11

Put me in the ?actors height? > ?character height? club. I prefer mine to reflect reality rather than what appears on screen.

Back