Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will forever love the Tusken Boba (even more now that he appears with how he earned it) for that Gaffe Stick Slap alone-and Mando Boba as a kickass return! Gotta trust Robert Rodriguez won't half ass this story--he handled that Mando episode beautifully, and I am thinking we are being setup for some kind of Michael Corleone "removal of all of Boba's enemies" towards the end of this series. Hard to judge a story 2 episodes in- have patience! I am resisting the painted version--but I bet there will be an episode that will make my wallet come out haha
It will be a scene where Mondo comes to Baptize Baby Yoda. During this time Fett will be present but he will have Fennic, The Gammorean Gaurds and Tusken Raiders taking out his enemies!!

Attachments

• YCNABv.gif
    YCNABv.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
I think once the dust settles people won't be caring about the Tusken Boba.

Definitely checks out that once a rare figure is no longer avaliable, people will no longer care about him or her. Right....?

*insert smirking Leonard DiCaprio meme here* Ebay says otherwise......

This is the one Tusken Boba we will get. Act with that knowledge in mind.

Definitely checks out that once a rare figure is no longer avaliable, people will no longer care about him or her. Right....?

*insert smirking Leonard DiCaprio meme here* Ebay says otherwise......

This is the one Tusken Boba we will get. Act with that knowledge in mind.
This set is $495. Tax plus ship is at least $530. We'll see how many put their money where their mouth is and will be trying to sell Tusken Boba down the road. The repainted armor has to become more relevant in BoBF as we go.

Most if not all 2pks have hung around for a long time due to their pricing. But they do always explode once unavailable also due to their price. Just look at Tarkin/Vader, Han/Chewie.

Anyway you look at it, you better decide if you want any Hot Toy before it sells out or you will be paying much extra. Marvel certainly doesn't seem to hold it's value as much as Star Wars, but you also have more iterations/opportunities with Marvel.

This set is $495. Tax plus ship is at least $530. We'll see how many put their money where their mouth is and will be trying to sell Tusken Boba down the road. The repainted armor has to become more relevant in BoBF as we go.

Here's the thing though: this is the only Fett we have, NOT in an armored costume. That makes him really unique. And the costume has more context, we know why he has it now. Armored Boba is always relevant and always popular. But this one is special.

Perhaps you are right and many will dump their Tusken version. But if not wild about that, why not just get the also-stellar single-pack reclaimed armor figure instead, and save money?

We are probably going to get the Tusken Chieftain and his wife from HT. People will want to pose their robed Fett with those two. And that display would be HOT I tells ya. That's how you do it.

Here's the thing though: this is the only Fett we have, NOT in an armored costume. That makes him really unique. And the costume has more context, we know why he has it now. Armored Boba is always relevant and always popular. But this one is special.

Perhaps you are right and many will dump their Tusken version. But if not wild about that, why not just get the also-stellar single-pack reclaimed armor figure instead, and save money?

We are probably going to get the Tusken Chieftain and his wife from HT. People will want to pose their robed Fett with those two. And that display would be HOT I tells ya. That's how you do it.

To me, the robed Fett (or probably un-robed when I display him) is a memorable depiction of his first full appearance since ROTJ.

It's a stepping stone between ROTJ and sitting on the throne, regardless of what happened (and will happen) after the second season of The Mandalorian.

The 'robed' Fett is also an expression of his skills when stripped of his armour and gadgets. He's not just an Iron Man type, but is just as lethally efficient when armed with a stick and sidearm.

The way he moved as the robed Fett in TM was like a special forces soldier, or maybe more appropriately like a fearless animal. He advanced with determination, even though outnumbered and outgunned, because advancing in such circumstances is an expression of self belief, skill and dominance. That there is the character of Fett. You could say he was arrogantly self-confident, but he had the skills to back it up.

When we get to TBOBF that self confidence has evaporated in the present day scenes (after taking the throne). He's out of his depth as a 'king', because that isn't his natural skill set.

If I decide to get this, I'm only getting the regular edition. Morrison and the writing hasn't sold me on his Fett take at all. Why take the mystery away from a character?

I'm only keeping the two pack because it was in season 2 of The Mandalorian. Otherwise I would switch to just the armored single. The robed figure will potentially be somewhat rare because it's not offered as a single. But some of it's potential value will be mitigated by HT reuse of the sculpt.

I'm only keeping the two pack because it was in season 2 of The Mandalorian. Otherwise I would switch to just the armored single. The robed figure will potentially be somewhat rare because it's not offered as a single. But some of it's potential value will be mitigated by HT reuse of the sculpt.
You at least appear to get a slight variation with this sculpt. The one with the throne appears to have the eyes looking in a different direction.
F68D035D-3085-4588-9BCB-62F819B2E0F0.jpeg
967177EE-20C9-4FC6-95C4-1C1206BC8DE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Can't watch it till later but here is the link for those interested

Hopefully it follows the trend that Sideshow might ship a few of these out in the next week or 2 after they premiere the Unsealed and Revealed.

EDIT: @Asta beat me by a few seconds lol

As someone who always hated the time it took to put the jetpack hooks in the loops, I would also still like to have the option. From an accuracy standpoint, having the hooks and loops is much more accurate to how the jetpack is connected.

Not for this version its not, the Jet pack was held on by 2 hooks and velcro
Screenshot_20220111-184718_Chrome.jpg

Back