Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received this set. Wasn't looking forward to it because I'm over Star Wars now.

I wondered if unboxing and setting the figures up would change my mood, but it hasn't. I'm as unenthused about Star Wars as I became about Star Trek. :lol

Started on Uncle Fester. At the extreme positive it's a very nice sculpt. At the extreme negative it's a very cheap looking rifle and strap. It's so plasticky it reminds me of 1970s Action Man.

The rocky crotch grabber base was a major annoyance to getting him posed. As typical with Hot Toys' stands, the wire support has no friction to prevent it from dropping at the slightest movement. The rock was also impeding posing his legs, so I put him on a good old classic black oval stand.

100_3482.JPG

100_3497.JPG
100_3498.JPG
100_3499.JPG
100_3502.JPG

No base goes to waste though. TLOU Ellie's feet are small enough to avoid the rocks, and she's slim enough not to cause the wire to drop.

100_3489.JPG
100_3491.JPG

Onwards and downwards. There's the armoured one to set up now. :thud:

The armoured version doesn't look as good as Uncle Fester.

100_3514.JPG

After yesterday's excellent DID figure, this was a really boring and unwelcome unboxing.

Thankfully I've already cancelled most of my Star Wars pre-orders.

Oh well...sorry you are so disappointed in the set. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Still really like the set myself.

I originally decided to cancel this Boba twin pack, but was unfortunately talked out of it.

If I buy any more Star Wars it'll be OT. However, I was just as unenthusiastic about Hot Toys' Snowspeeder Luke when he arrived.

Still have a couple of pre-orders left, one of which is Koska from Kit that I don't have the heart to cancel.

Well, when you're done, you're done. I feel the same way about Marvel. No interest in any of the new stuff, shedding the older ones.

Hope you manage to find something 1:6 Scale to your liking. Can't be fun moderating threads about figures you have no interest in or find disappointing. :)

Well, when you're done, you're done. I feel the same way about Marvel. No interest in any of the new stuff, shedding the older ones.

Hope you manage to find something 1:6 Scale to your liking.

My new main 1/6 interest is WWII, which I'm finding a lot more involving.

Can't be fun moderating threads about figures you have no interest in or find disappointing. :)

It isn't much fun at all. :lol

There's only a tiny fraction of the forum that does interest me. I barely look at any Star Wars threads now.

I originally decided to cancel this Boba twin pack, but was unfortunately talked out of it.

If I buy any more Star Wars it'll be OT. However, I was just as unenthusiastic about Hot Toys' Snowspeeder Luke when he arrived.

Still have a couple of pre-orders left, one of which is Koska from Kit that I don't have the heart to cancel.

Currently, my only "Star Wars" related pre-order is Fennic Shand, which I preordered way back when she initially went on pre-order.

The armoured version doesn't look as good as Uncle Fester.

View attachment 623662

After yesterday's excellent DID figure, this was a really boring and unwelcome unboxing.

Thankfully I've already cancelled most of my Star Wars pre-orders.
Rewatch the end of that Mando episode where he unleashes against those Stormtroopers, and re-pose him properly and maybe you'll enjoy him a bit more.

I think he looks bloody great here on my desk !!!

IMG_6008.JPG

Rewatch the end of that Mando episode where he unleashes against those Stormtroopers, and re-pose him properly and maybe you'll enjoy him a bit more.

I think he looks bloody great here on my desk !!!

View attachment 623960

I brought him down to ground and reposed him yesterday, but Star Wars doesn't mean anything to me now so I can't really be bothered to put any effort into him.

Maybe my interest will return one day, but for now it feels liberating to have broken my long addiction to it. :yess:

Currently, my only "Star Wars" related pre-order is Fennic Shand, which I preordered way back when she initially went on pre-order.

She was one of the ones I booted from my preorders.

Boba had a triumphant return in The Mandalorian, which was completely undermined when he got to star in his own sit-com. All I get when looking at the TMS034 suited up version is memories of the 'armoured idiot'.

Uncle Fester is a much better looking figure, a desert nomad to accompany the Tuskens.

Getting out of nu-Star Wars seems to be the sensible option, because Disney can keep creating new characters and appearances until the cows come home. They learned from the master, George Lucas, that these movies and series work just as well as extended aderts for merchandise. If I ever get my Star Wars mojo back I'll stick to the classics (1977-1983) because they're locked in a time when Star Wars really was Star Wars to me. (The period extends to 1998 with the novels, before the dark days of the PT changed everything).

Boba had a triumphant return in The Mandalorian, which was completely undermined when he got to star in his own sit-com. All I get when looking at the TMS034 suited up version is memories of the 'armoured idiot'.

Uncle Fester is a much better looking figure, a desert nomad to accompany the Tuskens.

Getting out of nu-Star Wars seems to be the sensible option, because Disney can keep creating new characters and appearances until the cows come home. They learned from the master, George Lucas, that these movies and series work just as well as extended aderts for merchandise. If I ever get my Star Wars mojo back I'll stick to the clasics (1977-1983) because they're locked in a time when Star Wars really was Star Wars to me. (The period extends to 1998 with the novels, before the dark days of the PT changed everything).
Wait, you’re not going all out crazy on the new clones and droids? 😧

Getting out of nu-Star Wars seems to be the sensible option, because Disney can keep creating new characters and appearances until the cows come home. They learned from the master, George Lucas, that these movies and series work just as well as extended aderts for merchandise. If I ever get my Star Wars mojo back I'll stick to the clasics (1977-1983) because they're locked in a time when Star Wars really was Star Wars to me. (The period extends to 1998 with the novels, before the dark days of the PT changed everything).
Couldn’t agree more with all of this. I have bought quite a few figures from the dark days after the OT, but I don’t have any real attachment to them outside “they are cool looking characters that fit into the Star Wars universe.” I canceled D+ 3 episodes into Mando season 2, so I never really even saw the majority of Boba Fetts‘ retcon (and from the sounds of it, I’m thankful) — I can still “pretend” that he’s a badass.

I don't think you have to always think the source is the best thing ever to enjoy a figure from it.

And I really like this figure.

20230219_115250~2.jpg

Not saying anyone is wrong for hating Disney Star Wars. Let the hate flow through you....

Just hoping us folks who haven't "seen the light" can still come by here and appreciate those who want to share pics and enthusiasm. Just sayin' 😀

I don't think you have to always think the source is the best thing ever to enjoy a figure from it.

And I really like this figure.

Not saying anyone is wrong for hating Disney Star Wars. Let the hate flow through you....

Just hoping us folks who haven't "seen the light" can still come by here and appreciate those who want to share pics and enthusiasm. Just sayin' 😀

That shouldn't be a problem, the hating on Disney Wars, or certain parts of the saga (original, prequel or sequel) can get tiresome, I just scroll right past it honestly lol.

I think there can be a disconnect between the source material and the actual figures.
Some of the D+ figures are amazing,even if the movies or TV series are poorly done.
Did I NEED Boba on Throne?
No.
but man he is my equal fav character along with the Wook,and having the newest iteration on a Throne is something I'm really looking forward to.
Your mileage may vary.

I don't hate Disney Wars. I liked Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian and Andor.

I've just lost interest in all Star Wars. It's an overkill of movies and series and their related figures. The writing was on the wall for me when I no longer looked forward to the arrival of my pre-orders, including Snowspeeder Luke.

I realised that I'd been buying figures out of habit, due to my long attachment to the property, rather than a genuine connection to them.

Got to the point where I haven't watched any of the second season of The Bad Batch and am not in any hurry to watch the new season of The Mandalorian. Reached the same point with Marvel and Star Trek too, which I have no interest in watching any more.

The Star Wars figures still look good, but they don't motivate me any more.

I can certainly relate to that. Both Marvel and Star Trek are dead to me at this point and yes, Star Wars has most definitely gone way overboard with the content. I'm not snagging every Star Wars figure that comes along like I once did, and I see an end in site for my sixth-scale collection.

To paraphrase one of those YouTube personalities, just collect what we like...

20230219_114554~2.jpg

...and keep the pics coming!

Back