Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures, potatoes. The sculpt is just crazy good. And you're making me want to do the knee missile pose...
Thanks @Wor-Gar! Right? These pictures of the head sculpt don't do it justice to what is in hand. I don't know if it was bad makeup, but I just watched the episode again while posing and he has a lot of chalky white on his scars like he was really burned all over the place. It feels like they toned it down a bit but I am tempted to build it back up again slightly. Post more shots when you futz with him more!

Mine has arrived. Looking forward to unboxing it tonight.

20220406_143447.jpg

I just opened it for inspection. I will have a closer look at everything tonight. Quick question or two for you guys that have it.

Did anyone remove the "paper" layer of the sash? I am not a fan of it and it doesn't really add anything to the figure. I may remove it.

Also, the left arm on mine is super tight. Seems stuck. Difficult to get it to hang nuetral. Anyone else have this issue? Never had this problem with any of my Hot Toys.

I just opened it for inspection. I will have a closer look at everything tonight. Quick question or two for you guys that have it.

Did anyone remove the "paper" layer of the sash? I am not a fan of it and it doesn't really add anything to the figure. I may remove it.

Also, the left arm on mine is super tight. Seems stuck. Difficult to get it to hang nuetral. Anyone else have this issue? Never had this problem with any of my Hot Toys.
Congrats on getting your set in!

Concerning the stuck arm, I wonder if it could possibly be the under-suit is wedged in the arm joint causing it to bind up? I've heard this before on the Death Watch Mando.

edit: Here's the post by @Tee-Kay...

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...ath-watch-figure.235927/page-37#post-10578937

Last edited:
No problem, I hope you get it sorted out and it's an easy fix. Let us know how it goes. 🤔
So, the shoulder joint was out of place. Also, the bicep piece had come apart. The fatsuit does get in the way, so I cut and trimmed it so it doesn't interfere with articulation.
20220406_171657.jpg
20220406_171711.jpg

I popped shoulder back in place and glued bicep back together. Also placed electrical tape around bicep.. Time to dress figure again.

20220406_171639.jpg

So, the shoulder joint was out of place. Also, the bicep piece had come apart. The fatsuit does get in the way, so I cut and trimmed it so it doesn't interfere with articulation.
View attachment 570464View attachment 570465

I popped shoulder back in place and glued bicep back together. Also placed electrical tape around bicep.. Time to dress figure again.

View attachment 570466
Excellent work Chakaman, I figured you'd dig in and resolve it. Thank so much for sharing that! 👍

Quick question, since you were able to break it all down, what type of HT body are they using with this Tusken Fett figure. Is this just the HT slim trooper bodies?

Because they seem to have less tension in the leg and hip joints? Can you tell what it is?

I'm wondering if I need to push for a replacement on my Tusken Fett body, because of the looser leg and hip joints. They actually rattle in the joints.

Last edited:
@Chakaman holy shhhh man, I freaked out seeing your figure taken apart--glad you fixed it, and I am praying my arms don't get dislocated or biceps get torn! Yikes!
Haha, thanks!! Luckily I do a lot of custom stuff.

I will have to be careful posing him. I pretty much "museum" pose my figures anyway.

Excellent work Chakaman, I figured you'd dig in and resolve it. 👍

Quick question, since you were able to break it all down, what type of HT body are they using with this Tusken Fett figure. Is this just the HT slim trooper bodies?

Because they seem to have less tension in the leg and hip joints? Can you tell what it is?

I'm wondering if I need to push for a replacement on my Tusken Fett body, because of the looser leg and hip joints. They actually rattle in the joints.
Thanks.

I am not sure which body this is exactly. I don't own the HT Tusken so I cannot compare. I assume its the trooper body. The hips and legs are pretty tight.

Sorry, not much help I'm afraid.

Chakaman, I did notice on mine that the left arm on the armored body would not lay as flat against the body as the right arm did. I twisted and turned the bicep around but no change. You have me curious if I need to strip this puppy down to see what's up in there.

Chakaman, I did notice on mine that the left arm on the armored body would not lay as flat against the body as the right arm did. I twisted and turned the bicep around but no change. You have me curious if I need to strip this puppy down to see what's up in there.

Yeah. Exactly the same situation. I couldn't really even turn the shoulder. In the end, the fatsuit was stuck in the shoulder socket area.

Ah, thanks for that. Maybe I can wriggle the fatsuit out of the socket in some way without having to take the whole damn thing apart.
No problem. Be careful, my bicep broke trying to rotate shoulder. The safe play might be trimming the fat suit around the shoulders.

No problem. Be careful, my bicep broke trying to rotate shoulder. The safe play might be trimming the fat suit around the shoulders.
My shoulder joint is fairly flexible -- rises, lowers, move front to back -- but the bicep portion doesn't want to lay flat against the side (ribs). The bicep itself rotates all the way around and feels secure. I suspect the fatsuit underarm edge is inside there as you mentioned.

Back