Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WG, thanks for the heads-up on the collar and....for a WIP on the poses, well, they look pretty damned good to me. Such clear, well-lit shots. Both look great, and yes, that head sculpt is just jaw-dropping.

And it's funny...looking at these shots in here of this set and how they came out makes me want to think of this as Fett's "whatever happened to..." moment and just forget everything that came after. Odd as it sounds, thinking that make me enjoy these figures even more.

And it's funny...looking at these shots in here of this set and how they came out makes me want to think of this as Fett's "whatever happened to..." moment and just forget everything that came after.

Thanks, and yes... that's exactly how I view this set: the final act of Boba Fett. Once he flew away at the end of Mando S2, his story was done. For me.

Yeah, everyone was doing the knee up/dart launch pose so I tried for something different.

I like the Nomad Fett pose well enough... but I don't like my Sarlacc Fett pose. Looks like a cosplayer. I need to figure out something better.
Yeah not sure why but the knee dart effects (shown in Jedha Patrol's video) works really well this time. Better than the whistling darts from the arm on the previous Mando. That thrashing of troopers was the pinnacle of his return--love that this set comes with multiple bases as well.

Quick pic of my set with minimal futzing.
01855F7D-02FC-4E40-A33D-BC927C148941.jpeg

Mine has made it from Los Angeles to Memphis, TN as of this morning. [still several hundred miles from my house.] They're not in a rush, for sure.

I was seriously going to cancel, and then I thought about Boba's resignation when he said to Mando "....so I guess you'll be on your way, then" when the chips were down - and just as Mando couldnt abandon him, I couldn't either. This sentimentality is going to be the death of me.

Mine has made it from Los Angeles to Memphis, TN as of this morning. [still several hundred miles from my house.] They're not in a rush, for sure.

I was seriously going to cancel, and then I thought about Boba's resignation when he said to Mando "....so I guess you'll be on your way, then" when the chips were down - and just as Mando couldnt abandon him, I couldn't either. This sentimentality is going to be the death of me.

I was going to chime in earlier in the thread when you were considering cancelling, but I think it shipped out for you a day or two later. I think it worked out for the best. The delays are annoying but it's not worth missing out over.

The set really highlights some of Hot Toys's greatest strengths like tailoring, paint, and weathering with a headsculpt that elevates it.

That it's a popular character from a solid episode of a beloved show and a full two pack for the Deluxe makes it a monumental release. Anyone that skips or cancels will probably regret it down the road, especially with the inevitable high prices after selling out.

This head sculpt is just simply one of the best. I do not mind the side eyes too much as most of the figures we acquire have the straight ahead look. All the materials chosen too are just great to the touch. My only issue is that paper-like layer under the front and back sashes--really not sure what the purpose was for placing them there? Protective to the fabric?

IMG_0402 copy.png
IMG_0404 copy.png

Mine still says shipping in March…
Well, I have yet to finish paying mine off from SSC. IMO it says a lot about the excellence of this fig that I kept the PO - this forum is full of enablers with photo skills.:lol

Boba was never a fav of mine - tho I liked him in Mando and some BF scenes. I'm just trying to mind the budget as for me there are must-haves, like Kuiil. So there's stuff I'd like, but it's not like back when figs were ~ 200$:monkey2

This set tho just looks too good to pass up on. Unique too. Hope I can do the final payment this month.

Back