1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On one hand, I'm glad it's releasing sooner than later. On the other hand, I'm assuming this means it definitely won't come with the extra leg plate or knee part. Here's hoping the thigh plate is velcro or something and can be swapped out (I'd be heavily surprised if it wasn't).

Time to stalk Toy Anxiety when the swoop version is out. The swoop is cool, but not enough for me to warrant getting it in addition to the DX. Besides, I'd rather have an ROTJ swoop bike or even the Scout Trooper bundle one over this version.

That's lame to say the least.

HT does seem to be striking with Mando while the iron is hot. I have this on PO but keep going back and forth on this or swoop... or whatever is next. I don't want too many Mandos. In fact, one Mando, the Child and Gideon would be perfect for me -- assuming Gideon ever pays off in this show. Talk about the longest introduction to a villain EVER!

I was in the same boat and decided to go with this one. The deluxe set just brings so many "good" accessories, that it seemed the obvious choice, for me.

Even if you already have the first release, you could "share" some of the accessories from the deluxe version with it and be fine. (One of the Baby Yodas, pram, and camtono, for example.

The swoop is cool but I would rather have all of the other accessories than just the swoop.

On one hand, I'm glad it's releasing sooner than later. On the other hand, I'm assuming this means it definitely won't come with the extra leg plate or knee part. Here's hoping the thigh plate is velcro or something and can be swapped out (I'd be heavily surprised if it wasn't).

Time to stalk Toy Anxiety when the swoop version is out. The swoop is cool, but not enough for me to warrant getting it in addition to the DX. Besides, I'd rather have an ROTJ swoop bike or even the Scout Trooper bundle one over this version.

OK, so when was the speeder bike version coined "the swoop"?? I was like WTF, did I miss another Mando reveal? :lol

OK, so when was the speeder bike version coined "the swoop"?? I was like WTF, did I miss another Mando reveal? :lol

I first heard the term “swoop bike” in the shadows of the empire video game. I always thought it was a weird name for speeder bike :lol

I first heard the term ?swoop bike? in the shadows of the empire video game. I always thought it was a weird name for speeder bike :lol

So you're saying there's a precedence. I'm so ashamed....

giphy.gif

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Swoop

A swoop, or swoop bike, was a type of repulsorlift vehicle designed for speed. In essence, it was a more dangerous version of a speeder bike that both its enthusiasts and its detractors described as an "engine with a seat." Although more powerful than speeder bikes, swoops were crude and lacked finesse. They were hard to control, requiring instinct, strength, and timing.[1]

Swoop races were popular on many planets across the galaxy and were loved for their excitement and outlaw image. The Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker used a swoop owned by Owen Lars while searching for his mother, Shmi Skywalker Lars, on the planet Tatooine. The criminal Ohnaka Gang used swoops to patrol near their base on the planet Florrum.[2]
970940a9a918b5a1df090f74c0b6a374.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Han Solo also gave Dengar his scars during a swoop race. Swoop racing was apparently Dengar's passion!

The swoop accident

At some point prior to 3 ABY, Dengar, having mastered the professional swoop circuit on Corellia, was called to the private tour, where more dangerous challenges awaited him.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] He was constantly compared to a young swoop jockey on the private circuit named Han Solo. Eager to prove his superiority, Dengar challenged Solo to a winner-takes-all race through the crystal swamps of Agrilat. On the final stretch of the race, Solo brought his swoop down directly over and in front of Dengar, burning his face in the swoop's exhaust and locking the repulsor fins of both swoops. The maneuver sent Dengar flying off of his swoop to crash headfirst into crystalline plants. One crystalline stem directly impaled his brain, leaving him in a condition so perilous that only the Empire's doctors had the ability to repair him to a near-natural state. Dengar was kicked out of professional swoop racing for engaging in the illegal race and was abandoned by his friends on the Ferini team. Part of the Agrilat Swamp Racing Circuit eventually became known as Dengar's End, in honor of his accident.[SUP][6][/SUP] With his life in ruins, Dengar became viciously embittered with Solo, upon whom he vowed his vengeance.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][5]
[/SUP]

As it was, to save his life, Dengar was forced to become part cyborg through Imperial experimentation. The parts of his brain controlling his senses of compassion, mercy, and pity were removed, leaving him an emotionless killer. He was only left with rage, hope and, accidentally, loneliness, the only emotions the Imperial doctors decided he would need to fulfill his new duties as an assassin. Particularly, the doctors allowed him to feel hope at the empty promise that if Dengar was successful in serving the Empire, he would be returned to his old self. He was also fitted with a number of cybernetic implants, such as new, more powerfully-enhanced eyes and ears, and a drug-induced flawless memory, which left him susceptible to hallucinations. His hypothalamus gland was cut out and replaced with a central computer module to control his new systems.[SUP][5][/SUP]

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dengar/Legends#The_swoop_accident

Some examples of speeder bikes
a6c25509dca3a5b6af8428c6d384f23a.jpg

7c6f72c683aa974e328ce49cb74421cf.jpg

c0463279f9b332a76adb1cb4e67fb541.jpg

27b25d39e43074f5a22f7bcd2838ed15.jpg

2450d9035916021d73ad30723b6fdb28.jpg

e82e6a6754e09e7a84c97350cd684c8a.jpg

0a0cf8a35c4638518930c41f069a7b29.jpg

I have no idea why they choose to label some designs ?swoop? and some ?speeder? but for the most part they follow a specific design. The few outliers like Maul?s speeder and the Mandalorian swoop from clone wars seem to be outside the rule for design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you say so. :D I went to meet a contractor for our master bathroom renovation and came back to see that I'd inadvertently released the SW Kracken, but at that point it seemed a bit rude to say it was a rhetorical question. :lol

It's not like you commented on the color of Hoth Han's coat or anything! :)

Speederbikes in ROTJ seems to be faster than Anakin's swoopbike in AOTC. But it says swoops are faster.

Back