1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely after today's releases it dramatically increases the likelihood of the 212th and Airborne Trooper seeing release. You'd think they were the next most obvious clone battalion to release from. I guess the Coruscant Guard also can't be too far behind.

It seems they're releasing these in some kind of logical order, so maybe the 212th/Airborne with Obi-Wan and the Coruscant Guard with ROTS Palpatine? Wolffe and his clones could be in the running.

Yep definitely. Obi-Wan will probably be next, then same procedure as Anakin with the clones in his battalion.

There was word a long time ago about a potential ROTS Palps. So perhaps you're not far from the mark there.

Surely they wouldn't want to miss out on Gree (I love that green look), and possibly another Yoda release. Then again maybe that's why they did another mini release of AOTC Yoda ?

Maybe maybe, maybe. I'm confusing myself here now ! :lol

SO torn on this.... If it was a regular Clone Trooper I would've already PO'd one (or 2)...:dunno

I wan't figures I don't have, more than newer upgraded versions.. (Cody, Rex, 501st Trooper)

At least it's 1 1/2 years out... Such a quick release!! :rotfl

Re: Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Absolutely. We're all gonna be so broke.

Agreed. However, for me space is proving to be a bigger issue. I've recently been forced to make some tough sacrifices in my collection due to a lack of space. For HT Star Wars I try to focus on Troopers. Just one of each variant was my goal. What to do with Clone Troopers? There are so many variants...

SO torn on this.... If it was a regular Clone Trooper I would've already PO'd one (or 2)...:dunno

I wan't figures I don't have, more than newer upgraded versions.. (Cody, Rex, 501st Trooper)

At least it's 1 1/2 years out... Such a quick release!! :rotfl

Loki2371, Execute Pre-Order 66.

I have the Sideshow Deluxe 501st. It was my first official Sideshow Toys purchase. I just preordered this deluxe because, well, Hot Toys. I missed out on the Deluxe Shiny that I need for my evolution of the Trooper display. I have the ROTJ Stormtrooper and the First Order Stormtrooper. If they bring out a Hot Toys Shiny, I'm all set.

Can HT release another Phase 2 for ROTS? Not a reissue but a brand new figure?

Only thing keeping me from getting regular over Deluxe is only having the Phase 2 helmet. I'd almost prefer the helmets over the weapons on the regular. But it's reasonably enough to just get deluxes. Damn this is an exciting day lol.

The deluxe is tempting to me simply for the fact that it’s loaded. Trying to avoid buying Clones though.

Damn, looks like I missed all the fun these last couple of days...
Awesome looking trooper, but I don't think I'll be getting into these clones.

The problem I have with Clones is that they’re too much of a gateway to wanting multiple other ones. I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole. The only ones I’d strongly consider would be Cody and Rex.

Think I can hear the Sideshow version prices hitting the floor...... *boink....boink......boink...

Honestly I don't know why anyone would order the regular version for a measly $30 less. Even if you don't want them, two unique helmets, a backpack, and a gatling gun as HT accessories will be at least three times that cost parted out once the set sells through.

With how hot these are selling, and how well Rex and Cody have done, do we think there will be more named Clones made by Hot Toys? Fives, Echo, Jesse, Kix, Hardcase...they'd all go with the 501st figures that are selling out everywhere in just hours. It wouldn't be THAT much RnD for Hot Toys to produce some specific Clones to go with the generic ones. I know anyone's guess is as good as any, but it is within the realm of possibilities that we'll see more of the heroes from the show?

Back