1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They used jetpacks in the siege of Mandalore which these are based on.

They used them in the Siege of Mandalore.

Ohh right! I only remembered the jet troopers at Yerbana :slap Thanks, this calls for a rewatch!

Umbara was such the pinnacle of clone battle, great episodes. Looking forward to those inevitable 212th Battalion Clones though.

I'm now 50/50 on getting Cody. I'm already deadset on completing the 501st line up. Pretty sure getting Cody will open the 212th can of worms for my wallet. :thud:

Ohh right! I only remembered the jet troopers at Yerbana :slap Thanks, this calls for a rewatch!

Yeah, they use them in both battles.

b4gljh3.png

The trooper?s chest still seems a bit chubby. The Sideshow version was a bit slimmer and, lo and behold, I think their last take on the 501st clone trooper was better than this release :naughty

And since Hot Toys was involved in the R&D with Sideshow's clone troopers I wonder how much, if any, of the parts are reuse.

All that said, I've already ordered the deluxe:)

Kind of hoping they release a CW Mace Windu before, or instead of, the PT version. Really really need those purple 187th Clones. While we're at it Plo Koon, Wolffe and the Wolfpack.

Kind of hoping they release a CW Mace Windu before, or instead of, the PT version. Really really need those purple 187th Clones. While we're at it Plo Koon, Wolffe and the Wolfpack.

Isn't CW Mace just movie Mace but wrist armour on? They could release 2 figures in 1 with that.

The trooper?s chest still seems a bit chubby. The Sideshow version was a bit slimmer and, lo and behold, I think their last take on the 501st clone trooper was better than this release :naughty

And since Hot Toys was involved in the R&D with Sideshow's clone troopers I wonder how much, if any, of the parts are reuse.

All that said, I've already ordered the deluxe:)

I think (valid for all HT clones) they make side portions of the torso armor more barrel shaped than it should be.

Yes, they are and so are Rex and Cody. The right one is photoshopped.

tms023-official-15.jpg

But maybe I'm wrong and this roundness is accurate to movies.

Untitled-1.jpg

Exactly! He?s the next most logical Jedi release. It feels like perfect timing for him.

Mace can have 3 variations
- Movie I(Blue saber),II,III
- Clone Wars Tartakovsky (different clothes similar to Anakin TCW)
- Clone Wars TV series with the wrist armour on

I don't think there's any reuse. They only helped Sideshow develop the specialized armored body starting with the armored Obi-Wan.

View attachment 494171
Oh look what's now shipping from Sideshow's warehouse!

That's a weird error. It feels like Sideshow's site has been off a bit more than usual lately.

Thanks for the video link. Is it just me or has Hot Toys upped their weathering game. Both this, Ahsoka and OG Mando have some very good fine detail weathering on the armour. More detailed than I've noticed on previous figures.

I'll need to have a look back at some of the figures from a few years ago to see if it's as good.

Anyway this looks great, as does Ahsoka of course.

Thanks for the video link. Is it just me or has Hot Toys upped their weathering game. Both this, Ahsoka and OG Mando have some very good fine detail weathering on the armour. More detailed than I've noticed on previous figures.

I'll need to have a look back at some of the figures from a few years ago to see if it's as good.

Anyway this looks great, as does Ahsoka of course.

I was thinking the same with the weathering. I'm likely gonna grab a deluxe set of this and give the 332 helmet that comes with Rex to my SS Deluxe 501'st for two troopers with variations in weathering.

Back