1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out as i'm sure it will tell me how nice the Rosario Dawson figure (which i have pre-ordered) will turn out. I love the Clone Wars look but I only need one Ahsoka in my collection and i picked the live action version.

Instruction sculpt comparison to her prototype someone posted on FB:

Messed up PERS eyes on the instructions aside of course.

nhhiZco.png

Unless it's an optical illusion, the eye sockets look bigger and more rounded.

In the old days they enlarged the sockets to put in moving eyes, but maybe this is to make her closer to her animated appearance, and differentiate her from live action? :dunno

In BOBF, they tweaked the lekku to be curvier like TCW. And in this sheet, it seems HT made them straighter.

Ares seems like a really nice guy, he’s just a bit full of it. I see his show as being more about entertainment. He’s obviously a huge wrestling fan and it kind of shows in his style. The whole HT Wizard thing, as corny and cringey as it is, is just for laughs. I don’t think it’s meant to be taken too seriously.

Man of Hot Collectibles on the other hand states that he has some sort of inside knowledge like he’s “connected”. It’s all too smug. All this Hong Kong source crap started with him, and then suddenly there’s half a dozen YouTubers stating that they have Hong Kong sources. I can’t recall how many figures he’s actually called correctly, but he has a terrible conversion rate. Here’s just some of his 2021 highlights: Padmé, CW Obi-Wan, Bespin Luke, Ahsoka, Pennywise. Yet, his audience and YT friends still hold him up as “the guy that knows”.
100% agree. Aries is an awesome guy , I wouldn't take his predictions on releases too seriously but it's entertaining to watch him and he has a great personality, a bit different from most of the youtubers I think

These modern collectors are so emotionally fragile, freaked out over that low res black white instruction photo.
It’s almost as if the instructions are only there to demonstrate what the figure can do and how to do it, and not sell you on the product with fancy photos since you’ll likely already have it if you’re reading said instructions :lol

Definitely not the only one. I'm certainly not going to overreact to a black and white photo in the instruction manual, but some folks love the drama.

These modern collectors are so emotionally fragile, freaked out over that low res black white instruction photo.

Cancel ASAP :ROFLMAO:

It’s almost as if the instructions are only there to demonstrate what the figure can do and how to do it, and not sell you on the product with fancy photos since you’ll likely already have it if you’re reading said instructions :lol

So you guys hope that “Instructions” Ahsoka IS the Ahsoka that ships?

That was the only statement that was made, hoping that the images appearing in the instructions sheet don’t match the final product. I don’t see what that is a controversial or reactionary statement.

These are officially released images of the CW Ahsoka figure released by Hot Toys, and the first since the promotional photographs were released. How is it somehow inappropriate to consider them?

Some have suggested that the instruction photos are only renderings or illustrations intended only to demonstrate the products functionality, and that is a reasonable supposition. But again, why am I attacked as a “drama” lover or “emotionally fragile” for the audacity to present and discuss what was provided to us by the manufacturer?

Seems like the folks who want to dismiss these photos out of hand are the ones being reactionary…

One Jedi Master’s opinion.

Back