Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need any options to add sound, it would only drive the price up. Don't need any cords hanging out of that amazing car either.

Just give me the preorder!

If they're throwing in the features of Returns, I'm surprised they didn't include a removable front turbine to show all the guts of the engine, as seen when the Red Triangle Circus Gang disassembles his Batmobile (lower left in this image):

ban938422.jpg

Yeah, hot wheels was able to do the slide-out turbine on a much smaller scale for the die cast one...I hope we get it here too.

As good as these upgrades to the Batmobile are, all I can see is the price flying out of my price range.:(

As good as these upgrades to the Batmobile are, all I can see is the price flying out of my price range.:(

Hopefully its all stuff thats gonna justify a price they already had in mind rather than stuff thats gonna add on more and more $ when they decided to add these features as an afterthought...........if that makes sense.

I'm loving this... I just wish it had the shine of the toynami

Agreed but its not film accurate at all to the '89 car. Still, I love my Toynami Batmobile. It really is glorious.

Surely there's no way this can be over like $600? You can buy a real 2nd hand car for that!

I want this but I can't afford it and I'm not quite stupid enough to do it anyway, gonna pass on Joker too but I need Batman. If they do Catwoman that's a 100% must buy too, she's the sexiest movie character ever.

I am hoping this won't become like tumbler that so easy to damage! So many damage of tumbler out there and price is still high.

In all honesty though my favorite rendition of the '89 Batmobile is the 1/35th scale Bandai one. It's just a shame that it's pretty tiny.

I can't wait for mine to be build by a pro kit-modeler.

I watched both recently, and I have to say, I think Burton's style was reeled in a bit with 89. I think they gave him more leeway with Returns due to the success of 89, and it definitely had a different, more oddball Burton feel to it than the first one. The first one was less campy and less Burtonesque with twisted houses and whatnot.

Although I don't think the word "campy" is quite right I agree.

I agree with what you said 100%

I personally like the vision in Batman Returns. It is definitely more Burtonesque. To be honest, I like the design of Penguin in that movie. The creepier look sold it to me.

I think it boils down to whether people are Burton fans or not. I love Tim Burton nearly as much as I love Batman, so having Burton's signature more clearly makes Returns my favorite of the two.

Batman Returns > Batman '89

Regarding the word "campy", I think that better describes the Schumacher films.

I'm a huge Burton fan but I have always loved 89 way more than Returns.
89 is much more Gothic. The cathedral is great, Jack Nicholson is awesome. The suit is 10 times better, the Batmobile is better.

And the single shot of the batplane int he moon makes it better.

"have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moon light?"

Nox is great....

I could go on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back