1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love anything Terminator. Terminator 1 is my favorite movie and the police shootout Terminator is my favorite incarnation. I have a lifesize. I have the Sideshow Premium format. I have customs..... and I was really looking forward to geting this, hoping that this would top everything that I have. I pre-ordered 6 of these things, wanting to depict any slight variation I could. After seeing the pictures here and the ebay listings showing all the individual parts, I've already started hoping the future holds something better. I swear, my custom looks better than this. Is that seriously the body? It is definitely not Arnoldesque. I was a little disappointed with the whole shirt thing, but I figured I could put the design on a plain shirt myself if need be. I have some extra jackets for a clean look, so even the jacket wasn't a turnoff. (I'm thinking someone in HK will start pumping out clean versions eventually.) The whole thing is a let down though. It doesn't even seem to look as good as the proto or the revised proto. Why couldn't Enterbay have gotten the T1 license. There better be a PS Terminator DX or they need to give us that 1/4 that they teased at the beginning of last year. I'm still going to enjoy having this, just because it's Terminator, but it shuld have been more.

Yes the Schwarzenegger likeness is cursed on Hot Toys. Every sculpt have his problems, but the Dx-13 was there best effort.
So I can not understand why they make this. Its soft, its squished.

They could copy the Enterbay and Sideshow Trevor Grove sculpt. The errors on the HT sculpt are obvious.

To bad that Enterbay have no Terminator 1 license, or Blitzway.

I swear, my custom looks better than this.
It's funny, I was looking at my custom earlier and I feel the same. Obviously, the shirt is inaccurate, and the head has the blood running down that detracts from it, but just look at the proportions, with really minimal futzing, vs. the new one. It's pretty obvious to me that the customs with the TTM-20/DX-10 bodies, or 136 bodies look more like 1984 Arnold than the body/head used here.

10672320_557966074329091_6146759977461622415_n.jpg

DSC_01472_zps3417b3d4.jpg

It's funny, I was looking at my custom earlier and I feel the same. Obviously, the shirt is inaccurate, and the head has the blood running down that detracts from it, but just look at the proportions, with really minimal futzing, vs. the new one. It's pretty obvious to me that the customs with the TTM-20/DX-10 bodies, or 136 bodies look more like 1984 Arnold than the body/head used here.

Yes, the custom looks a hundred times better, no hyperbole.

I bet at one point, this was probably conceptualized and planned as a DX figure like the MMS 152 Reeve Superman was. The dead give away are the heads and the base.

This is the first time a regular MMS figure has gotten a DX base like this. Looking at the sculpt of the road and pipe bombs, that's a lot of work to put into a basic figure.

IMO, the HT looks much better. Man, those old boots look pretty bad...like toy boots :lol

I bet at one point, this was probably conceptualized and planned as a DX figure like the MMS 152 Reeve Superman was. The dead give away are the heads and the base.

This is the first time a regular MMS figure has gotten a DX base like this. Looking at the sculpt of the road and pipe bombs, that's a lot of work to put into a basic figure.

Wonder if this got bumped in favor of the Mime Joker.

Nah, you guys are smokin' funny ****.

The final figure is way better than the kitbashed customs. For as cool as the customs were 4 years ago with the MMS 136, it just isn't comparable now.

- the hair is better on this figure, even if the hairline isn't perfect.
- no Johnny Depp Once Upon a Time in Mexico bleeding eye
- better gargoyles
- better hands
- better articulation in the elbows for that classic Police Shootout gun toting poses
- betters colors (plus grey shirt print)

- DAT DAMAGED HEAD

I don't think this figure is better than the MMS 136 Tech Noir, but I think it's better than the MMS 136 dressed up as Police Shootout.

Personally, I believe part of the problem is how long it took to finally get this guy. After seeing all the customs, all the do-it-yourself Police Shootouts over the years, this one naturally lost it's oomph. It's better, but it doesn't seem like much because everyone already tried it. It's like the DX 10. Not really impressive because we all attempted it with MMS 117 as a Cyberdyne shoot out/mini gun kitbash. I think had this exact figure been produced back in 2011 or 2012, we'd all be ******** bricks.

Nah, you guys are drinkin' funny ****.

The final figure is way better than the kitbashed customs. For as cool as the customs were 4 years ago with the MMS 136, it just isn't comparable now.

- he hair is better on this figure, even if the hairline isn't perfect.
- better gargoyles
- better hands
- better articulation in the elbows for that classic Police Shootout gun toting poses
- betters colors (plus dat grey shirt print)

I don't think this figure is better than the MMS 136 Tech Noir, but I think it's better than the MMS 136 dressed up as Police Shootout.

Some say tuh-may-toe, some say tah-mah-toe. And for the record, it's the former, what the f---'s the matter with you people? :lol

- he hair is better on this figure, even if the hairline isn't perfect.
- better gargoyles
- better hands
- betters colors (plus dat grey shirt print)

Personally, I believe part of the problem is how long it took to finally get this guy. After seeing all the customs, all the do-it-yourself Police Shootouts over the years, this one naturally lost it's oomph. It's better, but it doesn't seem like much because everyone already tried it, like they did with MMS 117 as a Cyberdyne shoot out/mini gun kitbash. I think had this exact figure been produced back in 2011 or 2012, we'd all be ******** bricks.

Yeah I'm not writing off the body and proportions just yet. Wanna see what futzing and paper clips in collars does. And I'm gonna see if the head works with other bodies. Though I'm not sure I'd call the hair an improvement on the MMS136 BD sculpt. Sure, his hair was still fairly long after he lost the boyband haircut and the 136 sculpt doesn't reflect that, accordingly the hair on this new sculpt is fuller but mainly on the back, and it looks weird the way they've done it, contributing to the overall spherical look to the head. We'd probably be better off with the far too short hair on the MMS sculpt. Give me inaccurate but not stupid looking over still-not-accurate AND ridiculous looking any day of the week.

Mine haven't shipped yet. Week after next probably.

Last edited:
IMO, the HT looks much better. Man, those old boots look pretty bad...like toy boots :lol
Actually, those boots are HT, as is the jacket, body, head, shirt, and hands.

- the hair is better on this figure, even if the hairline isn't perfect.
- better gargoyles
- better hands
- betters colors (plus grey shirt print)

- DAT DAMAGED HEAD

Personally, I believe part of the problem is how long it took to finally get this guy. After seeing all the customs, all the do-it-yourself Police Shootouts over the years, this one naturally lost it's oomph. It's better, but it doesn't seem like much because everyone already tried it. It's like the DX 10. Not really impressive because we all attempted it with MMS 117 as a Cyberdyne shoot out/mini gun kitbash. I think had this exact figure been produced back in 2011 or 2012, we'd all be ******** bricks.
Well obviously the battle damaged look is excellent, and the real selling point of this figure to me. I'm not comparing the total package, just the police shootout look. And sure, the little details are obviously better when they are trying to produce that specific look, but I do still think the proportions and sculpt of the customs win out. Will we know better when it's in-hand? Of course. But we saw two of the best give this figure some great shots with OMG and Jingobell, and neither is really blowing me away in the police shootout department. I'm still getting two, though.

I'm sure a-dev is planning to display that one :lol As well as obscure police shootout version with sneakers, movie poster version, etc. Too bad HT is making life hard for him with the bloody shirt and body.

Wonder if this got bumped in favor of the Mime Joker.

I really hope not...I'd much rather have had this as a DX as opposed to the Mime Joker...Nice figure, and from a memorable scene in the movie...But not something that needed the DX treatment, IMO...Whereas with the T800 being a DX, we might have seen the "clean" shirt, bandage on the damaged arm, heck even a backdrop of some sort for the police station scene...Essentially, HT might have put alot more effort into this had it been a DX...

I really hope not...I'd much rather have had this as a DX as opposed to the Mime Joker...Nice figure, and from a memorable scene in the movie...But not something that needed the DX treatment, IMO...Whereas with the T800 being a DX, we might have seen the "clean" shirt, bandage on the damaged arm, heck even a backdrop of some sort for the police station scene...Essentially, HT might have put alot more effort into this had it been a DX...

HT had its reasons. What those were, I haven't the foggiest.

Back