1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes what I feared is happening, the pleather on the jacket's arms is peeling.
I was worried about this since day one when I saw how thin it was unlike the MMS 117 or even dx10.
Really ****** material.
And of course since the release no good lookalike jacket available.
I will see if someone can re-leather it or maybe canibilize another jacket arms.
Urgh...

Really. Mine are still in perfect condition

Really. Mine are still in perfect condition
I have 2 jackets.
One has peeled the other didn't.
One was barely touched the other normaly.
This is my first case of pleather peeling.
I was expecting since day one when I saw it was crap.
Should have been dx10 or mms117 quality.
That the short shirt, the big head...
Hot toys really didn't give a dam .
Thank God for customization.

Last edited:
I'm going to have a jacket done using real leather to replace the mms238 ****** pleather one.
Have no idea yet how much but if anyone is interested pm me.

I'm going to have a jacket done using real leather to replace the mms238 ****** pleather one.
Have no idea yet how much but if anyone is interested pm me.
i'm definitely interested in pics. a bit more hesitant than i should be because i'd have to replace too many.
i don't have any problems with them yet, but if it started happening with others, it can hit mine as well.

It would be nice if someone offered a full replacement set for the DX-13 as well.

Hey guys,
No pics yet as I just started the project with the seamstress.
Will be genuine leather.
To be sure to get the best product I m sending my non damaged jacket for references.
I will see how it goes and let you know when orders can be taken.
Don't be surprised if the price fluctuate a bit, he based it on the pictures of sent him.
Might be different once he actually starts.
I'm doing this for me and if it works out help fellows on the way.
You will have to deal directly with the guy tho I'm not taking orders.

Oh and he does 1/4 too, so if this goes well expect a 1/4 project maybe for the clean t800, that you can damage yourself for the bd flacking one.

Also about flacking nobody custom posted this video where he uses Angelus acrylic finisher (comes in gloss, satin, mat) to prevent it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2EU4AA6ClTc

Last edited:
Guys I'm finally getting my 1/4 Terminator boots for my custom but I need some references for the technoir boots. I already have the 1/6 to look at but I'm looking for the real boots especially to see how the stud chain looks on the real boots.
Very hard to find pics...
Thanks in advance

No, a straight swap onto the Tech Noir body isn't possible, a lot of us would have done that if we could. The bulkier chest of that body is more suitable for T1 than the stock MMS238 body which looks too small with the huge MMS238 heads. Hot Toys really screwed up on this one.

I think the problem was that the neck plug of the MMS136 Tech Noir body sits lower than the equivalent part of the MMS238 body so the 238 head joint can't reach it, least not without squashing the neck. It's been so long since I did any of this I'm finding it hard to remember exactly.

I know that what I personally did was I took the muscle-chest thing off of the Tech Noir body and transferred it onto the 238 body. It still required a minor squashing of the head down onto the neck to get the parts to connect but it was possible. I think I also had to stuff the neck with cotton wool to get it to fill that opening in the huge MMS238 heads. Not ideal but better than the Anorexic-800.

Back