1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine are definitely red, like these

ee343fcc-s.jpg

i was afraid that yellow will be too white :(

$_1.JPG

I've got a backdrop of the truck explosion in T1 and the yellow flames match it much better.

The red flames still good lit as in your pic but unlit, as they will be most of the time, I have to give it to the yellow ones.

Last edited:
yes yellow looks perfect put on yellow background. i might reconsider once and spend money AGAIN :( on yellow ones.

p.s. your skeleton looks a lot like the puppet in the movie. may be it's just chrome... ah, yes, you replaced the torso/neck wires and it simply looks normal now :) plus posing of course. pose is wonderful there.

I've got a backdrop of the truck explosion in T1 and the yellow flames match it much better.

The red flames still good lit as in your pic but unlit, as they will be most of the time, I have to give it to the yellow ones.

:clap

Love that scene in T1 when they think they've beaten the Terminator and then it rises from the flames.

yes yellow looks perfect put on yellow background. i might reconsider once and spend money AGAIN :( on yellow ones.

p.s. your skeleton looks a lot like the puppet in the movie. may be it's just chrome... ah, yes, you replaced the torso/neck wires and it simply looks normal now :) plus posing of course. pose is wonderful there.

I actually did nothing to it, I bought this Endo a few years ago from r5150 (I think is his boardname, numbers make it tough to remember). He did a huge amount of modding to it including lengthening the midsection, shoulder articulation (broken on one side unfortunately) widening the jaw, filling in screw-holes, repositioning the thumbs and adding extra forearm and hand details etc etc..plus obviously the chroming, which is easily the best chromejob I've seen on an Endo, better even than the Hot Toys QS002 chrome which I find too bright. I'm lucky to have it, although it's fragile. Sorta like my Tamiya Harley, I'm terrified of touching it.

The pose is very much inspired by the stop-motion visual of the full-body endo stepping out of the flames.

As regards the yellow flames, just thought I'd throw the recommendation your way if you agreed that they are better. I wasn't bragging or anything :lol

:clap

Love that scene in T1 when they think they've beaten the Terminator and then it rises from the flames.

Thanks for the rep Shells. Yep, classic scene. And maybe the very first vision of the movie that Cameron had, as goes the story. Sorta repeated again in T2 with the main title sequence.

With the 2 more sets of flames on the way I'll be able to make this scene more convincing again. Although if it looks too crowded or overly symmetrical I'll use the excess flames elsewhere.

I actually did nothing to it, I bought this Endo a few years ago from r5150 (I think is his boardname, numbers make it tough to remember). He did a huge amount of modding to it including lengthening the midsection, shoulder articulation (broken on one side unfortunately) widening the jaw, filling in screw-holes, repositioning the thumbs and adding extra forearm and hand details etc etc..plus obviously the chroming, which is easily the best chromejob I've seen on an Endo, better even than the Hot Toys QS002 chrome which I find too bright. I'm lucky to have it, although it's fragile. Sorta like my Tamiya Harley, I'm terrified of touching it.
yeah i see everything that now. longer spine and moving shoulders are the most visible even on a small photo and really make it look like movie puppet. perfect, excellent piece of work. its author did his homework on A+++ :)

I am loving these pics with the Tamashii flame effects. I am really wanting to do the same scene you did A-dev. Easily one of my favorite and my memorable scenes of the movie. That first time we see the full endoskeleton.

I am also thinking about the ground impact one to do an "arrival scene" with. Maybe, haven't decided on that one, but the endo coming out of the flames is a MUST!!!!

Terrific piece and display, a-dev.

Cheers Kara. It will be a great display one day when it's in its own compartment and appropriately lit, the extra flame sets I have coming etc.

I am loving these pics with the Tamashii flame effects. I am really wanting to do the same scene you did A-dev. Easily one of my favorite and my memorable scenes of the movie. That first time we see the full endoskeleton.

Pretty nifty these Tamashii things. I wish they made more of them and in larger sizes too.

Just looked up the ground impact thing you speak of....hmmm *strokes chin*

I am also thinking about the ground impact one to do an "arrival scene" with.
it's ground broken with lava spreading instead of just a glowing piece of earth. i thought about it, too, but it just looks wrong. though it's beautiful, and it's 18 cm from the description and should fit a terminator figure.

s-l500.jpg

plus the original terminator didn't have that effect, otherwise in the original script one of two arriving soldiers wouldn't die after materialising inside a ladder. or with a ladder inside him.

A figure drops into frame as if out of the sky, and smacks
the pavement with a muddy splash. A naked man, young,
compact and muscular, rises in a defensive crouch,
ignoring the bleeding scrapes of his abrupt arrival.

KYLE REESE is wracked by spasms, shivering and panting
from physiological trauma. The rain drenches him as he
staggers to his feet and looks around. He runs unsteadily
to a nearby fire escape. On the first landing he crouches
beside another naked man who appears entangled in the
ironwork.

A closer look reveals that the man has been pierced
through the abdomen by the horizontal slats and through
the shoulder. He was materialized in the same space
occupied by the fire escape structure. He grimaces in
agony.

"Reese, you OK?" the wounded man gasps.
"OK"
"I'm out of it."
"You know what I have to do," Reese says grimly.
"Don't waste time on me, just find her."

The man sags into unconsciousness and doesn't struggle
when Reese presses the palm of his hand firmly over his
mouth, pinching the nostrils closed, and waits.

When it is over, Reese descends to the alley floor and
crosses to the stuporous drunk.

or much later variant, used in the novelization

CAMERA MOVES WITH REESE as he leaps to the fire escape and
clambers up to the first landing to crouch beside another
NAKED MAN who appears to be entangled in the ironwork. The
man is contorted with pain as his screams die to a shivering
gasp. CLOSER ANGLE reveals that he has been skewered through
the abdomen by the horizontal iron slats and through the
shoulder by a railing. He has materialized in the same
space occupied by the fire escape structure. The figure
slumps, motionless.

Reese quickly checks for signs of life. The man is dead.

Reese descend to the alley floor and crosses to the drunk
huddled in the doorway.

Last edited:
no lava there.
there was something similar in Gynysys though.

17-ways-terminator-genisys-tied-in-the-original-terminator-films-you-arrive-naked-well-485029.jpg

strange, i haven't seen a single terminator from T2 to Gynysys with burned feet and knuckles from sitting in a hole of red-heated material. but at least it explains why Gynysys terminator impostor had no wiener: he had it but heavily burned it on lava and tore it away.
that whole melting hot sphere idea is a blasphemy.

Last edited:
These Tamashii Effects open a lot of possibilities though. Very cool accessories. I am also thinking about using the blue lightning for Thor.

We need to see more pictures of this a-dev, that is absolutely badass! :clap

Thanks Snoop. Yeah definitely, I just want to finalise it with more of those flames, including possibly attaching 2 of the smaller ones to the endo itself to theoretically add to the effect of him walking through the fire. The current set took a while to arrive so I'm not expecting the other 2 sets I've ordered till late next week at the earliest.

Wife just bought me the Bandai Tamashii effect burning flame (red). I can't wait till it gets here, should be here Friday. Not sure which I want to display it with first....my endoskeleton or my battle damaged T-800!!

Back